What's new

20th Century Fox's 'Film Noir Classics' DVD Series (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From hitch_fan over at The DVD Forums:
Eddie Muller will also provide commentaries for the following Fox noirs: No Way Out, Fallen Angel, The Brasher Doubloon, and The House on Telegraph Hill. So these will be coming next year probably. Source .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I really like Eddie Muller's commentary, I will listen to every dvd he's a part of.

Crawdaddy

Mark VH

Second Unit
According to the insert included with the Wave 3 DVDs, Kiss of Death has been replaced in the December releases by No Way Out. Which means that KoD would be delayed...again. Strange. I wonder what the holdup is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Or Kiss of Death is replacing No Way Out because those inserts are printed months ago and DVDEmpire just updated their December releases this week.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Great covers . I can't wait for these. So many great movies are coming. Hard to find time to watch them.

I just ordered the Dark Corner, Where the Side Walk Ends and Kiss of Death from DVD Empire. They have a Game called Magic Eight Ball which you can play after ordering. I won $4

off this order. $22.58 for all 3 movies. $5 is the top prize I believe

Richard M S

Screenwriter
The Dark Corner has always been high on my list of movies I have never seen but want to see, so I am really looking forward to getting it next week.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Slightly worrying; got all three of the latest wave (and very nice they are too), but for the first time, there is no flyer inside promoting what's coming next. Surely Fox is going to continue this series?

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Slightly worrying; got all three of the latest wave (and very nice they are too), but for the first time, there is no flyer inside promoting what's coming next. Surely Fox is going to continue this series?
I'm jealous John... really. I truly think this is the best and most solid group of Fox noirs collectively, thus far - with The Dark Corner being one of my favorites from the studio. Mark Stevens is amazing in this film as he and his loyal assistant, Lucille Ball try and figure out their complex web of intrigue.
With regards to future Fox noir releases, I don't think we have much to worry about John. Eddie Muller has stated on several occasions on The Blackboard that he has already recorded several commentaries for upcoming noir titles. However, it is Fox - so I'm sure they'll change the lineup once a month before the eventual releases...

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Fingers crossed Herb; Fox seems to be a little rudderless on the classic front these days - even had there been a flyer included, I wouldn't have believed it :D

BrianP

Supporting Actor
If you plan on buying 3 Fox Film Noir titles in the near future there is a $5 mail in rebate offer currently available. The offer expires 1/31/06.
Rebate.jpg

Regarding the $5 mail-in rebate, does anyone know if Fox accepts receipts from e-tailers? I buy most of my DVDs online so I don't usually have in-store receipts. If I remember correctly, the mail-in rebate instructions say nothing about movies bought online.

thanks

Greg

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I sent in my rebate using a receipt from an online store and don't anticipate any problems. I've done a lot of rebates using online purchases in the past and have a 100% success rate in getting a rebate check. All that they want are the rebate form properly filled out, proof of purchases, and the original sales receipt dated between 9/6/05-1/31/06. I scanned the form with all the details.
Rebate1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks