What's new

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Vol 1 - October 23, 2007 (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. It sounds like I expected - he has one adventure, then another, and there's your movie. They may go well together (same setting), but they don't feel like one big story.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm still bitter about the VHS releases. I must have paid about ten bucks for each tape of two episodes, only to find out that poor sales kept the earlier volumes from being released.

pitt_norton

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
From Rick McCallum:

Sounds to me that, these DVDs will retain the original format of the Indy series :)

The movie versions with footage shot years after the series ended to tie together episodes always felt real awkward and looked pretty shoddy with its bluescreen usage... and an older looking Flannery! I never liked the tampering as we lost Joel McNeely's television theme as well!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
At $120 per volume, are those of us who got screwed over with the video releases going to get a discount?
:angry:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
The price is unreal.. if they want to charge that much fine but give us an option to buy without the documentaries aswell. But unfortunately this is a release i can't do without and will have to shell out which is depressing and that is unfortunate because i should be happy about the upcoming release.

Josh_C

Auditioning
$120?! Yeah, right. They just lost a purchase from me. Too bad, I was really looking forward to this...

They need to drop that price at least another $50 before I reconsider.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I appreciate that alot of time and money went into these releases but that is a really steep price (although no one will pay $120 but they'll still quote it like they are). That price is even more painful when you consider that there will be three sets to purchase by May. Although a price tag that high means they've priced out all but the most die hard Indy fans and there might not be enough of them to get all three volumes get released.

I may purchase this but with all the titles that are coming in the last quarter, it's probably dropped from something that I would have gotten on the release day to something that I'll get someday when I see it on sale or early next year when there's alot less DVD releases.

That being said, I'm expecting plenty of humorous "I Knew Luca$ wulod scrwe us agin!!!!!!!!!!!" posts.

Haden

Supporting Actor
$120 per set? Hahaha... yeah right. LFL is grossly overestimating the demand and importance of this series on DVD if they think we're willing to pay that much for it. This ain't no Star Trek:TOS! Volume 1 is going to collect dust on most store shelves if they price it anywhere close to $100. They seriously need to cut that price in half if they expect any decent sales.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Can we hope against hope for the possibility of an optional set with just the episodes - and no extras?

For me too, $60 is tops. With only 7 or 8 episodes, it would be better at $30.

Glenn

pitt_norton

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
Thank you Katherine!

Hate to say it... but I'm gonna get these volumes when they hit the bargain bin.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I have to agree with each of you. I have been waiting 3 years easy for these to finally be released on DVD. I enjoy Indiana Jones, have read the book series out in the 90's, and have a few episodes of Young Indy on tape. This was a "must purchase" set, but now I have to think twice.

What were they thinking? How many actual episodes will be out on Vol 1? And I bet, as speculated here, the episodes are the reedited 2 hour movies.

Much as I want this set, I have to say it's now a wait and see!

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I would think twice at $60, and it would be off the radar beyond that. $100 is laughable and the mentioned price is beyond that......

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Ya see, Lucas created the series with an intentional educational bent. To him, the documentaries are further fulfillment of the very purpose of the series and therefore I don't see him supporting a stripped-down release.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As high as the price is, I don't it's overpricing. The work on the episodes and the documentaries aren't free. LFL and Paramount know that there isn't a huge demand for Young Indy (compared to other LFL titles anyway) and that the price is going to make alot of people pass so it's not like they doubled the price just to see if they could sell less copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks