What's new

worth anything????? (1 Viewer)

PAsda1ss

Auditioning
Real Name
jarr bouda
First post on this forum, hello all.. ive been into audio for a few years now. my current system is newer high end components, but i also have a few vintage recievers/amps and speakers. Sad to say, most my vintage recievers/amps are NOT in working order
Amplifier- YAMAHA Proffesional series P-2200 Natural sound amp.

Receiver- Pioneer stereo receiver SX-727

Receiver- Sansui stereo receiver 9090DB

This list is the units that DO NOT work. About a year ago i took the Yamaha amp into a high end stereo shop. The owner was very surprised to see someone bring this into his shop but, was unable to do anything to repair it. I would like to know if there is sumthing i could do to repair these units, or if i would be better off selling them the way they are. Cosmeticly speaking, they are PERFECT. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx 4 ur time!!

PAsda1ss

Auditioning
Real Name
jarr bouda
the sansui does NOT turn on but, both the yamaha and the pioneer DO turn on. about 2 yrs ago i had a cerwin vega stroker 12.4 wired to 8ohms, running off the yamaha. I had the stroker in a ~2.8cu.ft slot ported box that i made. It literaly pounded the **** out of the room. I never drove the amp into clipping, always kept it clean, basically i took very good care of it. One day while watching a movie, all of the sudden the amp stopped playing the movie and instantly began playing a 60hz-80hz tone at FULL volume. It honestly scarred the living !*&! out of me. So i quickly turned off the amp and unpluged it. I checked the fusses and they were blown, so i replaced them, turned it on without the stroker hooked up, and the fusses did NOT blow. So, i hooked the stroker back up to the amp and as soon as i turned on the amp it began screaming the same 60hz-80hz tone but did NOT blow the fusses. the amp would have continued to play that tone if i had not shut it off. so shortly after, i sold the stroker, and put the amp into retirement. The pioneer turns on but there is NO output. I would really like to get the yamaha working properly again because i LOVE how it looks and how it worked. I currently have a 15"lms5400 on a behringer 2500ep as my sub-bass driver, so its not really a big deal if i cant fix the yamaha. I would just like to know if there is sumthing I can do to repair the yamaha, and if i cant repair it how much would it be worth the way it is. thanks for the reply 450

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks