worth anything?????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by PAsda1ss, Feb 15, 2011.

1. PAsda1ss

PAsda1ss Auditioning

First post on this forum, hello all.. ive been into audio for a few years now. my current system is newer high end components, but i also have a few vintage recievers/amps and speakers. Sad to say, most my vintage recievers/amps are NOT in working order
    Amplifier- YAMAHA Proffesional series P-2200 Natural sound amp.

Receiver- Pioneer stereo receiver SX-727

Receiver- Sansui stereo receiver 9090DB

This list is the units that DO NOT work. About a year ago i took the Yamaha amp into a high end stereo shop. The owner was very surprised to see someone bring this into his shop but, was unable to do anything to repair it. I would like to know if there is sumthing i could do to repair these units, or if i would be better off selling them the way they are. Cosmeticly speaking, they are PERFECT. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx 4 ur time!!

2. -450-

-450- Auditioning

Do they turn on?

Do you know how/when/why they broke?

3. PAsda1ss

PAsda1ss Auditioning

the sansui does NOT turn on but, both the yamaha and the pioneer DO turn on. about 2 yrs ago i had a cerwin vega stroker 12.4 wired to 8ohms, running off the yamaha. I had the stroker in a ~2.8cu.ft slot ported box that i made. It literaly pounded the **** out of the room. I never drove the amp into clipping, always kept it clean, basically i took very good care of it. One day while watching a movie, all of the sudden the amp stopped playing the movie and instantly began playing a 60hz-80hz tone at FULL volume. It honestly scarred the living !*&! out of me. So i quickly turned off the amp and unpluged it. I checked the fusses and they were blown, so i replaced them, turned it on without the stroker hooked up, and the fusses did NOT blow. So, i hooked the stroker back up to the amp and as soon as i turned on the amp it began screaming the same 60hz-80hz tone but did NOT blow the fusses. the amp would have continued to play that tone if i had not shut it off. so shortly after, i sold the stroker, and put the amp into retirement. The pioneer turns on but there is NO output. I would really like to get the yamaha working properly again because i LOVE how it looks and how it worked. I currently have a 15"lms5400 on a behringer 2500ep as my sub-bass driver, so its not really a big deal if i cant fix the yamaha. I would just like to know if there is sumthing I can do to repair the yamaha, and if i cant repair it how much would it be worth the way it is. thanks for the reply 450