What's new

Who Will Be The Next Bond? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
David Spade.

I don't care who the next Bond is. I just want someone that can actually write a decent story to make a good Bond movie again. The last few have has some of the most over-the-top garbage I've ever seen.

Oh, and Rob Lowe has said he wants it. That would definately put the fork in the downward spiral of bond flicks.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Now I could Christian Bale bringing out the "Real" Bond the way Dalton did...and that would be excellent! I'd go for him...he's not a big star at all...but hes kinda well known and could very easily step into the shoes of Bond and bring back down to earth a little like Dalton...

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I kinda like the idea of Christian Bale myself!! I think he would be a less humorous Bond than Brosnan, but a more dangerous one along the lines of Timothy Dalton!

He's certainly got the look and will be old enough but young enough to take over when Brosnan leaves!

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I agree that Christian Bale would make a good James Bond. He's enough of a good-looking guy and a very good actor to boot. Besides, there has never been a Welsh-born actor to portray Bond (out of the five "official" Bonds, two were born in Ireland, one in Scotland, one in England and one in Australia).

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Rupert Everett, gay, has much more machismo than Roger Moore, straight, ever had. He would be cool in the role (he plays the suave english conniver in "Importance of Being Ernest" very well...add a Walther and vodka martini and it would have been perfect).

Phil

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I think Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a good James Bond. hehe.
I have to agree though with Christian Bale being a good James Bond though.

-Mike

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
George Clooney would be picture perfect. However, there is something very yankee about him, in his somewhat nonchalant attitude, and even pattern of speech. I also have some problems picturing him with a british accent

Last, he has been around too long for that, his shtick(sp?) is well established. Bond needs to be played much a relatively unknown actor.

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks