What's new

Which amp would you pick? (1 Viewer)

PaulXH

Stunt Coordinator
I'm buying a pair of Revel F-30's and I was wondering which amp would drive them the better? I have a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series I now. I thinking on buy a Conrad-Johnson 2500 (I need 2 more channels, 7.1). The speakers are a 6 ohm load, and the sunfire does 600 watts in a 6 ohm load. The Conrad does 360 watts. I hear these speakers like alot of power which the sunfire has alot to share. But I have had a Conrad-Johnson 2250 (the little bother to the 2500) before and it is hands down a better sounding amp. So, do I go with Power, or Sound? Help anyone?

Paul

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
>So, do I go with Power, or Sound?<
Paul,

power, in and of itself, is not the major characteristic determining whether your system will produce sound that you enjoy. Many people on this forum are quite knowledgable; yet, they differ in their choices.

To spend the kind of money you are spending without thorough auditioning is to guarantee upraditis in 6 months.
The best advice I can give, is to audition both amps with your speakers (preferably, in your home) to hear for yourself which setup is best for you.

Marty

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Sound quality wins everytime...that's why you bought good speakers in the first place right;)

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Are your Revels biampable? You'll probably get more of an increase in sound quality by bi-amping those (actively if possible) vs. just getting a better amp.

Brandon Blair

Stunt Coordinator
To me it would be a no brainer. Go with the better sound everytime. I've heard the Conrad-Johnson amp many times and come away more and more impressed everytime. They make very high quality stuff and I don't think you could go wrong with it, especially if it matches the amp you already have.

Good Luck,
Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks