What's new

Where can I find curtains for my Home Theater room? (1 Viewer)

DeanQ

Stunt Coordinator
Where can I find curtains for my Home Theater room? I mean some real nice dark thick ones. I have 3 huge windows in my basement. The width is 105in X 70in. When the sun sets it comes in through the cracks of my blinds and I cant see teh screen. Im sure I can get curtains/blinds at linen and things or Bed bath and beyond but I didnt know if they sell some purposely for media rooms.

I did a search on the forums and didnt find anything.

Thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat... I am relocating in a year or so.

For my current home, I never found what I wanted really. So I started going to fabrick stores and such, eventually came across a great deal on a large bolt of wat I believe will be the perfect fabric, the store had no idea what brand it was or anything, said it had been there for quite some time.

I proably won't get started on make'n it into drapes til next spring though.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
I got mine at The Great Indoors here in Las Vegas, but they're a national chain and may be in your area. I'll see if I can find the package and give you the info. They weren't cheap, about $130 for each curtain.

I have a big window and I wound up using two of them to cover it. They are a red velvet type material and they did an excellent job of blocking out the light. Due to the odd shape of my window, I wound up building a valance and I had to find a similar looking material. Unfortunately, the valence material was not the same as the curtains, so I put some black out vinyl behind it and trimmed it all to fit. The valence material and the vinyl was cheap, I think I did the whole thing for about $40.

If you click on my home theater link on this post, you'll see the window and the vinyl before I finished the valence. I am still building the page (and still working on the room), but you can get an idea of them.

Pat

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
Just to add,

I needed quite a bit of material for my curtains (check link to see). After looking at fabric shops and the fabric department at Walmart with no luck, I decided to try a different approach and found a bunch of Queensize sheets (not fitted) that were on sale at Walmart ($5 a sheet) picked up 4 of them. My wife borrowed a sewing machine and we made our curtains, they worked perfectly and ended up costing us 20 bucks.

Also to save a little more money I used electrical conduit from home depot for the curtain rods (I wanted something that didn't have alot of give in it).

Anyway just a suggestion.

cheers,

Zoran

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
If you need to block light, the best way to do it is using blackout lining and cover it with your choice of fabric. The lining will take care of the light and it is not thick.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Also, there's the serious curtain fabric supplier, Rose Brand. They've got fabric for just about everything you could want (including spandex for art-deco bar tables,) and all the mounting hardware you might want.

For inexpensive, there's commando cloth, also called duvetyn, to the heavy velours (up to 32ounces/yard.)

If nothing else, it's an impressive place to visit...

Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks