What's new

UHD What titles would you purchase on UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I also am planning on the following titles on 4K UHD BD

Harry Potter 1-4
Transformers Movies
Jumanji
MIB trilogy
Cars 3
The Hitmans Bodygaurd
Iron Man Trilogy (Germany)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Yes still totally wishing, some dreams die hard, rofl

Star Wars 4K UHD.jpg

Well it looks like another group is working on another unauthorized restoration of the original theatrical version of Star Wars only this time in 4K. The project name from what I am ready is project 4k77 and I hope the studio would look at this as a sign they need to do a studio authorized restoration. This is not how you want to see restorations done and studio restorations should be the only way these movies should be done. I can only assume that there are people that have given up and have decided to take it apon themselves to restore this movie since the studio has not.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Dave,
The Cabin in the Woods was a blind buy for me, and both my wife and I really enjoyed the film. It was a unique take on an old genre.

Purchased The Cabin In The Woods on 4K UHD BD and I enjoyed it but the ending could have been better. IMHO it was left more than wide open for a sequel. Upgraded my HD-DVD copy of Apollo 13 with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 to 4K UHD BD with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-X. Have no seen Ex Machina and that is another blind buy for me which has not happened in a long time where I buy two movies that where blind buys. Will be buying Thor: Ragnorok.

IMG_9949a.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So what I can not wait to find out is what the first quarter releases for 4K UHD are going to be in 2018!

Some of what I want to see:
Alien (1979)
Aliens (1986)
My Fair Lady (8K & 4K master already done for last 1080p BD 50th Anniversary Release)
Pale Rider (1985)
The Patriot (2000)
Star Wars: Rogue One
Rambo: First Blood (1982)
Singin In The Rain (1952)
Sound Of Music (1965)
Mutiny On The Bounty (Upgrade My HD-DVD version) (1962)
Red Dragon (2002) (Upgrade My HD-DVD version)
SAW (2004)
Armageddon (1998)
Dances With Wolves (1990)
Titanic (1997)
Jet Li's Fearless (2006)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Dave,

I would be in for several of those titles you listed -- the first two Alien films, My Fair Lady, Singin' in the Rain, The Sound of Music and even Rogue One. However, I wouldn't watch Armageddon again if someone put a gun to my head. :huh:

After my "Black Friday" purchases, I am now up to 40 UHD titles, with one more coming as a Christmas present from my sister. I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Baby Driver, Logan and Alien: Covenant during the sales, and my sister ordered The Black Tower as a present for me. All are blind buys except for Logan, which I rented online quite a few months ago and both my wife and I liked.

Right now, the only titles out there I'm really interested in that I do not have are The Dark Knight Trilogy and Blade Runner: The Final Cut -- I missed out on the Best Buy sale for the latter. I ended up buying the HDX online version of the third Planet of the Apes film during an Amazon sale, so I probably will not buy the Apes UHD trilogy unless it drops to a very low price -- I have digital copies of all three films, and probably will not feel like watching them again for quite awhile.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would be interested in The Hobbit Trilogy and Lord Of The Rings Trilogy on 4K UHD BD as well. I feel studios dropped the ball to get more titles out to sell for the Christmas season.

20171206_171737.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would love to see Open Range released on 4K UHD BD with the resolution and HDR the movie should look stunning!

open-range.jpg

Would also like to see the following westerns make it to 4K UHD BD:
Silverado
Tombstone
The Quick And The Dead

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I would be interested in The Hobbit Trilogy and Lord Of The Rings Trilogy on 4K UHD BD as well. I feel studios dropped the ball to get more titles out to sell for the Christmas season.

The extended versions of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy is definitely one of the top items on my UHD wish list. If this goes anything like the BD releases, though, we will probably get the theatrical versions of the films first. I'll pass on those.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The extended versions of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy is definitely one of the top items on my UHD wish list. If this goes anything like the BD releases, though, we will probably get the theatrical versions of the films first. I'll pass on those.
Same here, I doubt I'll ever watch the theatrical cuts again in their entirety.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Patton
Zulu
Lawrence of Arabia
Spartacus
Ben Hur (original)
The Ten Commandments
Alien
Aliens
Jaws
Gone With the Wind
The Wizard of Oz (original)
Christine
Fright Night
Giant
The Longest Day
Heat
Shane
High Noon
The High Country
How the West Was Won
Saving Private Ryan

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Can not wait to see what the next set of titles will be for Q1 2018! Come on studios surprise us!

Looks like I will be adding more 4K UHD titles to my collection since I got these to gift cards.

IMG_0276a.jpg

Last edited:

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Well I have been buying a ton of them with all the sales and stuff. I see the Tomb Raider movies are coming out next year. Still waiting for Avatar as it should be amazing.

My UHD collection currently sits at 175 collections / 187 movies...

discs by David Miller, on Flickr

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well I have been buying a ton of them with all the sales and stuff. I see the Tomb Raider movies are coming out next year. Still waiting for Avatar as it should be amazing.

My UHD collection currently sits at 175 collections / 187 movies...

discs by David Miller, on Flickr
I'm at 165 in my collection with 177 movies.:)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Wow! Those are impressive numbers, I only have 52 titles thus far. I have really tried hard not to double dip on most of the titles I already had on Blu-ray, but the Nolan Batman films will be exceptions once I get them, and I'm sure there will be others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks