What's new

"Maestro" on Blu-ray and 4K UHD? (1 Viewer)

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Will Bradley Cooper's "Maestro" ever be released on Blu-ray and 4K UHD? I've yet to see an announcement about this. Since it was produced by Netflix, I'm wondering if it will ever make it to physical media. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Netflix has released some of their prior award-nominated films on disc, such as Roma, The Irishman, and Power of the Dog, but it's usually more than a year after they debut on Netflix. Since Maestro was just released in November, it'll probably be the end of this year before any disc is a possibility.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Unlikely! David Fincher's acclaimed and Oscar nominated Mank (a Netflix film) from 4 years ago still hasn't seen a physical media release. Criterion has licensed a few Netflix films but they're usually from directors like Scorsese, Jane Campion and Noah Baumbach who Criterion has/had a relationship with previously and have some pull with Netflix. I'm not sure Bradley Cooper has reached that stage ..... yet.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some of that could also be perceived popularity. Reporting on Mank says it wasn't very popular on Netflix. They may not think it would sell on disc if their subscribers didn't want to watch it on the service.

Mank, David Fincher’s Netflix biopic of screenwriter Herman Mankiewicz, is considered a leading Oscar contender but debuted to very little initial response. Available on Friday, it showed up at #10 Saturday (the first day it could chart), and has not reappeared since. The black-and-white film starring Gary Oldman and Amanda Seyfried didn’t gain the attention of other high-profile originals like “Da 5 Bloods,” “The Trial of the Chicago 7,” and “Hillbilly Elegy,” all of which debuted at first or second." (IndieWire, 12/7/20)

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Netflix has released some of their prior award-nominated films on disc, such as Roma, The Irishman, and Power of the Dog, but it's usually more than a year after they debut on Netflix. Since Maestro was just released in November, it'll probably be the end of this year before any disc is a possibility.
Thanks for the tip, Malcolm! I guess I'll have to wait a while until Netflix releases it on physical media, if ever. I saw the film twice - - once in the theater and once on Netflix -- and it was outstanding.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not sure Bradley Cooper has reached that stage ..... yet.
Maybe not. But Spielberg and Scorsese have, and they are both producers on Maestro.

I don't think a Blu-ray for Maestro is impossible. But I wouldn't say it is a incredibly likely either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks