What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Clue arriving on 4K is not a sentence I thought I’d ever get to write. Yet here we are. Paramount, with a good, not great record when it comes to bringing catalogue gems to the ultra-high-definition format, licensed the film to Shout Select to bring to market, and the results are delightful.
Clue is a classic little gem of a film, assembled with a gifted cast of funny talent to run the gamut of wordplay and physical foibles over the course of a deadly evening. Though not terribly successful, the film remains hilarious and a fine example of adapting a non-traditional entity for the big screen. Comparison is often made to the similarly plotted Murder by Death, a perfectly funny film, released years before in 1976. Also filled with a fine ensemble cast (though the stars were bigger), Murder was never quite as snappy as Clue, and your opinion on which is better may depend on your sense of humor and which came into your life first. For me, Clue is unmatched and this 4K release is a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks