What's new
World Wide Stereo

what stereo receivers under $1000 provide the most speaker configuration options? (1 Viewer)

glevin

Auditioning
Real Name
GARY LEVIN
Help please! I have a home theater system with an anthem MRX 710 receiver, apple tv box 4K , sonos, blue ray and samsung HDTV with paradigm speakers for music...all run via comcast box. My video and audio are shot and I can't play any CD, Sonos TV or via the apple box. I assume my 10 year old receiver is broken even though the display lights up. I'd like to replace it with the MRx 740 BUT don't know if when I replace it if i have to reprogram my universal remote used to control everything or can I just replace it and play it as if nothing happened? Thanks Gary

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
see subject line , thanks
Typically, stereo receivers have nothing to very little in speaker configuration. Some have a subwoofer crossover. Some have an impedance switch. Many don't have either. So it would be helpful if you clarified your question a bit.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Help please! I have a home theater system with an anthem MRX 710 receiver, apple tv box 4K , sonos, blue ray and samsung HDTV with paradigm speakers for music...all run via comcast box. My video and audio are shot and I can't play any CD, Sonos TV or via the apple box. I assume my 10 year old receiver is broken even though the display lights up. I'd like to replace it with the MRx 740 BUT don't know if when I replace it if i have to reprogram my universal remote used to control everything or can I just replace it and play it as if nothing happened? Thanks Gary

Welcome to the forum, but you really should start your own thread for such a request and not piggyback onto someone else's totally different/irrelevant thread...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
see subject line , thanks
Typically, stereo receivers have nothing to very little in speaker configuration. Some have a subwoofer crossover. Some have an impedance switch. Many don't have either. So it would be helpful if you clarified your question a bit.

I suspect he/she(?) didn't mean "stereo" very literally... but who knows I suppose...

Probably shoulda bothered to elaborate/clarify a bit more in the original post and not merely say "see subject line", especially when that "subject line" seems rather confused, (over)loaded and not well-though-out...

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It should work, but it won't have all the features/buttons of the new receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks