What's new

What should i buy for my New LED TV ??? (1 Viewer)

ethanwaber

Auditioning
Real Name
ethan waber
Hi, i'm beginner

I bought NEW LED TV with Full HD capable.

and since i just have old dvd players and old sound system without HDMI output, what should i buy a new home theater system with HDMI capable or just buy analog to HDMI converter ???

Thanks

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
What are your goals? What is your budget? Do you have HD cable or satellite service? Are you happy with the audio quality of your current system?

Their is no reason your current rig cannot be used in conjunction with your new HD TV but the audio will function much the same way it does with your current TV. The only improvement you will see will be in picture quality and that will depend on the quality of the signal that you are sending to the TV.

Since you didn't list your equipment one of the primary advantages of modern receivers is the fact that they will function as the hub of your system where all of your existing and future equipment will be connected to each other. Under this arrangement your new TV becomes little more than a monitor.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Since DVD is a standard-definition format, you won't see any picture improvement by converting its analog signal to HDMI. Component video cables will provide the best possible picture for DVD.

If you have an HD source (Blu-Ray player, PS3, HD Cable/Satellite box) that has HDMI out, then you will want to use that.

Even if your home theater system doesn't have HDMI support, you can always run the video from each of your HD sources via HDMI directly to the TV. This will ensure you are getting the best possible image quality from these sources.

Don't make the common mistake of using your TV's "Digital Optical Out" jack to run the audio OUT from the TV into the home theater - virtually all TVs downconvert any digital surround sound to analog stereo before being output, so you'll miss out on good surround sound.

Instead, run a separate audio connection from each of your HD sources directly to an available input on the home theater system (either digital coaxial or digital optical).

If you decide to upgrade your current home theater system, please let us know ALL the devices/sources you want to hook up to it, as well as a budget (and a list of retailers/brands that are available in your area) so we can offer suggestions that are a suitable match for you.

ethanwaber

Auditioning
Real Name
ethan waber
thanks for the informations, it's give me clearly mind for this thing.

I have budget 300 $ for the home theatre and 200 $ for HD cable/satellite box....

And the vendors that available at my local is only from japans and korean, but there is few brands from europe and US

Any suggestions for this ???

and would you explains me about connect the audio ouputs from HD TV to the home theatre ???

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WHixson
Recent bookmarks