What's new
World Wide Stereo

What is a good quality projector? (1 Viewer)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My mount is a universal model from Premier Mounts - model PBL-UMW.

As I said earlier, I wanted one with lens shift - http://www.projectorpeople.com/resources/lens_shift.asp

That same site has a distance calculator. For example, a projector with a minimal zoom adjustment will have to move further back in the room to get a picture size that you want. I had a fixed location and needed a decent zoom. For the BenQ model you chose, you have to mount it between 9' 6" and 12' to get the 109" picture size to match with the screen you want from Amazon. The Epson 8345 can be mounted anywhere from 10' 6" to 22' 6" and still project your required 109" picture.

While that site has great tools to help you find the projector you need, rarely do they have the best price. Although that's where I got my Panasonic projector.

DJVan

Grip
Real Name
Bob (Robert)
Hi, I've ordered a BENQ W1070 myself (I'll be installing in August).

It has an short enough throwdistance, and therefore good brightness.

The distance of the W1070 for a 109" screen is 9'1" to 11'10" (zoom range) you would sit at about 11' from the screen.

Consider that it will be more or less always above your head on a 109/120/135" screen.

Some rumour might be heard during quit scenes.

For the screen I've been adviced matt grey (0,8 gain) for good black and high contrast even in darker scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks