What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4/7 (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it will just be The Grapes of Wrath for me this week. Thanks, Mike.

Chun Lam

Agent
Does anyone know if they're planning releasing the Matrix trilogy in one boxed set? Otherwise I'll just have to pick up all three DVDs separately.

Thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I was gonna make some joke, too, Bill. But couldn't come up with anything as good as that...so I just fixed the typo. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, George,

Would you (or any of the other fine bargain hunters here!) happen to have comparative B&M prices for Best of the Muppet Show: Diana Ross and/or Son of Flubber? I didn't see those in the Roundup, and I'm interested in both. Looks like I'm doing most of my shopping at Best Buy this week, but I'll make a side trip for those if they're cheaper somewhere else.

Thanks!

- Bob

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Mike you are the Man!! Thank you so much for posting these prices so early everyweek. I greatly appreciate it. Just Friends Season 7 for me this week.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit

Definitely. Actually, they'll all probably be better versions too. I'm just guessing, but I doubt it'll just be all three regular releases thrown together in a box. That's why the new release of The Matrix that was supposed to come out was delayed...

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
OAR = Original Aspect Ratio

MAR = Modified Aspect Ratio

BTW Mike, you still have the Pink Panther Collection listed as $49.99 at Target. It's $44.99.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
No, if it's not in the Sunday circulars or in the round-up I don't find out until I make the rounds on Tuesday and see for myself. However, keep in mind that there's a 20% off Border's coupon good til Wednesday, so that's worth checking out as well this week.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was very surprised to see Circuit City advertising Freaks & Geeks for $5 less than at Best Buy. They usually don't vary that much. I guess I know where I will be buying this set.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the roundup, Mike! Good job, as always. :emoji_thumbsup:

Anyhoo, I'll probably just get Matrix Revolutions this week in order to complete the trilogy.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike, Friends season 7, In Living Color season 1 for me this week.

Police Academy, Pink Panther Collection, and Freaks and Geeks later hopefully.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Probably pick up all three Matrix movies this week (yes, I never bought any of the movies yet). I will hold off on Freak and Geeks until summer time, as I already have a enough on my plate at the moment. :D

Matt.K

Agent
Mike, thanks for all your hard work the past months.
Friends, Matrix, and Police Academy for me.

Any word on how Dave Lambert is doing? Hopefully all is going well with his job (you are letting him out of your basement every once in a while aren't you Mike?). I must say that I do miss his presence and am looking forward to his return to the forum - not for his roundup but rather for his friendly and knowledgable voice that he adds to the forum.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

Hmm....I have the old PP and SITD, I only really want these two films in the new version....I could put the old versions in the new package, the new PP and SITD in the old individual keepcases, and eBay off the "new" set....am I ethically challenged enough to do this?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Tony, if I don't come home Tuesday with MR, I don't think my 13-year old son will let me in the house! :D The TV commercials are already driving him nuts! I'm thinking I'm going to check out Wal-Mart for that one--since everyone else seems to have settled in on $15.99, I bet they dip into $14.xx territory.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ya know, I'm a bit surprised the B & Ms aren't promoting this Britney Spears "In the Zone" thing more heavily. I thought this was supposed to be a big deal. But, what do I know?

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Fry's has The Matrix Revolutions for $14.99.

They also have a great deal on a Panasonic HT in a Box. It's a 700 Watt system for only $299.

I was looking at it a few months ago when it was $699, so this is a pretty good deal.

Does anyone know if Best Buy is currently having no interest financing on any of their items? Like say HT systems?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

This week, Chad, BB is selling the SONY HT6600 for $599.99 with a FREE $100 gift card by mail.

Also the Panasonic SC-HT900 for $399.99 ($100 off)

And, the SONY HTDDW660 for $199.99.

They're advertising no interest deals on appliances $399 and up and on computers and notebooks for 12 months. You can usually work out some kind of financing deal, though, with the store manager if it closes the sale! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks