What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/12 (May The Force Be With You!) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
greg said....
Guys you are forgetting a VERY IMPORTANT thing about most stores pricematch policy (particularly BB and CC).
Buy the DVD at whatever price is posted (it makes no difference). Walk out of the store then back in with your DVD, receipt, and ad in hand. Go directly to the customer service desk.
Let them know that you just got this and noticed in the TRU ad that they had it for $9.99 and you would like your $$$ back based on their pricematch (in most cases you will get you $5 + 10% of the diff).
QUOTE]
greg do you actually HAVE to go out and come back in?
i just walk right over to the customer desk and do the match while still in the store. if the guy at the door asks me i just tell him i'm doing a price match.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
TonyD

At CC I don't I just walk over and PM.

At BB I have to go out and then come back in as there is no way to get from the check out lines to customer counter (its all sectioned off and "covered" by a Security guard.

At WW - straight to the front counter as well because they always have to get a manager and there is usually one near the CS counter but never in the Electronics dept.

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This week's Roundup is only 12 hours old and its already at 1000+ views! How about that, Dave?!?! :emoji_thumbsup:
I can't imagine what's driving the high interest. :rolleyes::D

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
The media play ad says that the prices posted are before the $10 discount, so 9.99 should be the correct price for SP.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Does anyone have any details on this calendar from Best Buy that's supposed to go with the AOTC DVD there? I'm just wondering if it will be worth paying the extra price for the DVD to get the calendar for free (well, at least discounted, if you take the extra cost of the DVD into account). Also, do you think Best Buy would price-match Toys R Us on the price of the DVD AND still give you the calendar?
Just wondering...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
At BB I have to go out and then come back in as there is no way to get from the check out lines to customer counter (its all sectioned off and "covered" by a Security guard.
i see. thats just messed up.

LuisH

Agent
After buying the Fort Worth Star Telegram, I have yet to find the ad for Toy'r us. If anyone has any idea where it is located, please give a brother a hand.

Thanks!

LH

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Does anyone have any details on this calendar from Best Buy that's supposed to go with the AOTC DVD there? I'm just wondering if it will be worth paying the extra price for the DVD to get the calendar for free (well, at least discounted, if you take the extra cost of the DVD into account). Also, do you think Best Buy would price-match Toys R Us on the price of the DVD AND still give you the calendar?
Justin,
I've seen this same calendar at WalMart for ~$5 and other places for $5-$10.

Chris

Jimmy Wong

Grip
I have contacted friends and family in other cities: It is NOT in the New York Daily News (thanks for looking, Stacey), Houston Chronicle (thanks Bro!), or the Washington Post (sorry to "waste your time", Ed! ).

I just go the ad in the Houston Chronicle. Maybe it's not in every region of a city.

BTW, how do you do "quote" without doing a copy?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Jimmy! Welcome to the forum! :D
BTW, how do you do "quote" without doing a copy?
When you hit the "post reply" button, you will see a number of buttons at the top of the screen--including "quote". Push it, a dialogue box will appear and copy & paste into it anything you want to "quote".
It will look like your "quote" above.
Welcome aboard and prepare to spend a lot of time here! ;) Its very addicting here!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The TRU circular was not in my paper or my relatives' paper today. If I printed out David's scan, do you think I could get Circuit City or Best Buy to price match?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for my lack of presense here yesteday evening. We had a severe thunderstorm here starting just before dinnertime, with large hail and a long power outage that lifted just as bedtime hit. My wife was out in it for a while! :eek: When the power came back, I could hit the internet, but HTF was inaccessable for some reason. Glad to be back, and everyone's safe. I'm dreading to go out and look at damage, esp. to the car! :frowning:
A couple of quick things before I jump in the shower and get ready for work:
EricCr's post is verifying what I'm getting told now. The definative note about this: Brent H wrote me yesterday afternoon and told me: "I have the Media Play ad right here in front of me. It says 19.99 SALE and then in small print is says 'Sale prices shown are BEFORE [emphasis mine] $10 deduction.' There you have it. South Park Season One: $9.99." I think that settles that...it does indeed read like it's a hot season set for a tenner. :eek: Wow, good deal. Meanwhile, the MediaPlay stores appear to be few and far between!! :frowning:
The TRU circular was not in my paper or my relatives' paper today. If I printed out David's scan, do you think I could get Circuit City or Best Buy to price match?
I've never had the balls to try something like that. But I've heard of a few successes like that...not necessarily just at CC or BB, but at different chains.
If - IF - I were gonna try something like that, I'd print it out in color with the best quality printer I had, using the shittiest most-newspaper-like paper I had available to me. Then I'd "trim" it by holding it against the straight edge of a desk and tearing along the edge (I hope you know what I mean by this...the goal is to look like you had no scissors handy and tore it out of the "paper" in a hurry).
Then I'd pray that the stupid person at the register didn't realize that the back is white, and is supposed to have other stuff printed on it. GOOD LUCK if you try this...you'll proably need it! :)
Luis and Jimmy: maybe the fact that you did or didn't get ads, in conjunction with was "Dave" told me about the LA Times, means that the ads were actually in all the papers, but not in every COPY of every paper. I dunno...this is weird. But you can DEFINATELY get an ad by walking into Toys R Us, so that's what I recommend if you need one.
Finally Mike: You told me this week's Roundup thread was gonna be hotter than the 5th...and here I wasn't so sure. You knew better, didn't you? :laugh:

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Wow Dave I've been watching the weather in your neck of the woods, my daughter is in Shelbyville right now and I was a bit concerned for her with the nasty weather and all. Well glad you & your family is ok, hope your car didn't get damaged anyways don't sweat the day off you deserve it.
bodym:cool:v'n

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
HAHAH! Yeah RIGHT! Thanks for the excellent roundup, Dave!
My only problem will be which movie to watch Tuesday night!!! Jedis? Hobbits? Chris Rocks and Anthony Hopkinses? ;)
I hope everyone has a safe, satisfying, and bargain-filled Tuesday.

MichaelG

Second Unit
I will be at best Buy tomorrow morning to grab -> LotR:FotR -5 Disc Giftset for $49.99.

Wasn't sure about Star Wars, but I think I will get that one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks