What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/12 (May The Force Be With You!) (1 Viewer)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
The TRU circular was not in my paper or my relatives' paper today. If I printed out David's scan, do you think I could get Circuit City or Best Buy to price match?
I was lucky enough to price match w/ a scan of harry potter (compusa) at walmart. At first, the guy wanted a real scan, but gave in because there were 2 other people who saw my scan and wanted to price match it too. The guy was a schmuck and said they didn't have the compusa # in the store (white pages). By this time, I was ready to grab one off a phone outside. Long story short, all 3 of us got the price match. I don't think I'll try it again w/ a scan. Be sure to bring the # in case they call and are too stupid to find the #.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping for a further discount on the 5 disc LotR. Not that I'm complaining, the value is surely there, but I do love a bargain, and my wallet is already hurting.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I didn't get a copy of the TRU flyer in The Sunday Oklahoman, but I just stopped by a TRU here and they had tons of the ads up front in a rack. I grabbed a couple of them.
Some of you that want to price-match TRU but didn't get a copy of the ad in your paper might just stop by the closest TRU and grab one from them--might be easier than making print-outs of scans, and hoping they work. . .
And always, and as usual, thanks, Dave! Yoda man! :)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
FWIW--I've had luck price-matching at Best Buy and Walmart with just printing the online versions of the weekly ads, both in B&W and in color...although sometimes you may have to tell the cashier that the printed ad obtained online is indeed identical to the actual weekly ad and not just the online sales web page.

David James

Stunt Coordinator
"Some of you that want to price-match TRU but didn't get a copy of the ad in your paper might just stop by the closest TRU and grab one from them"
Or maybe while you're at TRU, you could just BUY IT THERE and save the trip to another store lugging around paper :)
ps: I'm not affiliated with TRU in any way shape or form, I'm just trying to understand this :)

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Luis and Jimmy: maybe the fact that you did or didn't get ads, in conjunction with was "Dave" told me about the LA Times, means that the ads were actually in all the papers, but not in every COPY of every paper. I dunno...this is weird. But you can DEFINATELY get an ad by walking into Toys R Us, so that's what I recommend if you need one.
Personally, I went through 100 different papers, I really really wanted that ad. So I wouldn't say it was ramdomly inserted or anything.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone verified for sure if Walmart is staying open late tonight after midnight to sale AOTC & LOTR Ext Cut & if they will pricematch Toys R Us?

Also anybody have any idea what Walmart's price will be on both of those?

I thought that would save me having to run down to Toys R Us tomorrow morning & them possibly not having enough widescreen AOTC.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David James: The point is to grab an ad TODAY (Monday), so they can get the pricematch TOMORROW (Tuesday), EARLY EARLY EARLY...as in "before TRU potentially runs out of stock, and the competitors stop matching prices".

Despite rumors that TRU got "plenty" of copies, there is noone who wants to be caught out in the cold if this is wrong. So, if you're gonna avoid the crowd at TRU with a pricematch elsewhere, this is the route to take.

David King: Absolutely do I agree with you. I really don't recommend the printout thing in any case. If you want a copy that bad, at that price, just go stand in line at TRU and wait for it. Otherwise, $15 isn't a bad price to pay at all! If TRU hadn't done this, every darn one of us would be happy with a K-Mart $14.97 or Circuit City $14.99 price, wouldn't they?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Anyone know if ToysRUs will be open tonight at midnight to sell AOTC on 11/12 12:01am???

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
David what I was hoping to do was to go to Walmart tonight at midnight to pricematch AOTC with the Toys R Us ad. Toys R Us couldn't be out of stock with AOTC because they haven't opened for business yet so Walmart should have to pricematch them. That's why I was trying to verify if Walmart would be staying open late like with Spiderman so I could do that.

As a side note does anyone know the price Fry's has for LOTR Ext cut? I know someone else said they are going to have AOTC for $14.99. Is Bestbuy still the best price for LOTR Ext cut?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I saw on DVD Price Search that someone reported that Wal-Mart would have the LOTR: FOTR gift set for $47.46
http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdhtml2
If that's true then, they appear to have the best buy there.
I'll have to check them out on the way to work. I couldn't do that with Best Buy, since the local one doesn't open until 10 AM.
Neil

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
NeilO, the price at Wal-Mart stores and at WALMART.COM are rarely the same on hot new DVDs. Don't take that to heart. Something like that might not even be AT the Wal-Mart stores.
When I head in for my AotC pricematch, I'll bring BB's ad with me, too. If they have the 5-Disc LotR set in stock, I'll get it. If necessary, I'll have them PM the BB price.
I'll mostly be done for the week at that point! :) Maybe I can bring a color printout of MediaPlay's ad and get South Park for $10 as well...who knows? ;)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Is this the longest Weekly Roundup thread ever yet?

For the people who are just grabbing the Toys R Us (TRU) ad, how come you guys aren't reserving a copy of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (SW: AOTC) while you are there?

I just went to my local TRU and grabbed a couple copies of the ad, then figured it was safer to reserve my copy. After checking with a mangaer he verified that they would adjust their pre-sale price to the advertised price, and that they will be setting aside copies that are reserved, so that I wouldn't have to worry for them to run out of stock, and I wouldn't have to worry about other stores price matching.

My TRU didn't run an ad in the local paper either, and people who I told the deal about were surprised that TRU would have the lowest price on a DVD.

Matthew Furtek

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The winning Roundup thread is the one from 10/8, with Beauty & the Beast, Scooby-Doo, and all the Paramount musical titles (SNF, SA, FD, FL, UC). It had 5143 views and 141 posts.
Runner-up is Spider-Man (10/29-11/1) thread, with 5075 views and 122 posts!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

If only I had a dime for every hit... ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
$1021.80 for anyone trying to figure out the math. And that's just two threads! :eek:
Thank you for your support! And...YOU'RE ALL VERY WELCOME!

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Well I did what Matthew suggested. I went by the Toys R Us to pick up the add to pricematch & they were still taking pre-orders for AOTC.

They had it setup at customer service as soon as you walk in the door. There were 3 bins. 1 for widescreen DVD, 1 for fullscreen DVD & 1 for VHS. You take one of the tickets to the cashier & make your $5 deposit & they guarantee you will have 1 waiting for you tomorrow morning. The coupon I got for the widescreen DVD had WDVD on it. They verified you would get the $9.99 price.

I did ask if they were going to be open tonight at midnight to start selling them & they said they would not. She said they open tomorrow morning at 9:30.

I figured that would save me going somewhere else pricematching or standing in a long line tomorrow.

So is the Bestbuy $24.99 price for the 4 disc LOTR extended cut still the best retail price?

Has anyone verified Fry's price for that yet. I wasn't home to get the Sunday paper to get the ad. Any other place have it any cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks