What's new

Wavy Da-lite screen (1 Viewer)

Nicky C

Auditioning
This is my first post!

I just received and installed a 106 inch Da-lite screen w/ CSR. I must say that the PQ on this screen is much better than the the wall I temporarily used for my Infocus 4805. My only complaint is the wavy screen. How does one get rid of those waves. Is this normal or do I need to return it for a replacement.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
How old is the screen? Mine did that first and then flattened out. Also, do you have the Snap version or a different kind? You should be alright, but don't let it go to far.

Nicky C

Auditioning
The screen is brand new. It doesn't snap up. It's a da-lite screen with CSR so it goes up slowly by itself. Maybe I'll wait a few and it'll disappear.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
That should be normal. Did you install it using a level? If you didn't, measure that the screen is set straight.

Nicky C

Auditioning
Yup, it's level. That's the first thing I checked. It's only noticable when the picture is one entire color such as when you first turn it on or when the picture is bright. You will notice the waves but it's not noticable at all 90% of the time.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
That's the same thing as on my DaLite (manual) and my friends DaLite (automatic). I think the only way to get waves out of the screen is to build your own fixed screen.

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
That's normal for a drop down non-tensioned screen. What material is your Da-Lite screen? The only exception to the above that I've heard (that never wrinkles) is the High Power material. Apparently that's because it is relatively heavy with a backing.

I actually have a Da-Lite pull down screen with the Video Spectra material (gain of 1.5). Mine also has a backing (I'm not sure how it compares to the backing/weight of the High Power) and I got lucky in that mine doesn't wrinkle. I just got lucky though, as I've heard of others with pull down screens with Video Spectra fabric that wrinkles.

Matt

Nicky C

Auditioning
Other than making your own fixed screen, I wonder if there's a way to fabricate a temporary tensioning system with some material from home depot. A fixed screed would be great but I need to roll up the screen since it covers a window.

Tom D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Matt, your link requires a login password.

I too have a manual pull down Da-Lite screen that is wavy. I would be interested in any DIY fixes that would still allow me to use the pull down.

Regards, Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks