What's new

Watching Movies on Home Video (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Last night NBC had their annual showing of the 1946 Classic IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. The film ran from 8:00 PM (EST) to 11:00 (EST).
Naturally, I watched my own copy of the movie at the same time they started their version, and when the film was over the Version NBC was showing had nearly an hour to go. (Which is why I watched my copy instead of their Commercial-Crammed Version :frowning: )

I have to ask, this Question; Does anyone else do the same thing I do? Do you break out your Copy of a Movie and watch it at the same time a Network shows their version just so you can :D "Stick it in their Face" :D by watching your Uncut, Commercial-Free Version of the Movie while they do just the opposite?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but once you take in account for all the loading, FBI warnings, Set up, and menu navigation, it's almost quicker to just watch TV. :D

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I used to do that all the time - not so much because of commercials, but the edited content issue annoys me.

I did that last Saturday with The Grinch, which at 1 hour and 45 minutes, was still edited for time. The HD broadcast didn't look all that different from the DVD.

I did that a couple of times with some ANGEL episodes - seeing the post-season 3 cropped to full screen syndicated broadcasts had me reaching for my DVDs in record time.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Mr Hastings, My Version of IAWL is VHS, so I just zip through that legal Gobbledeygook. :) (I could buy it on DVD, but as long as my VHS tapes are still good I continue to use them.) You know what they say, "If it ain't Broke, DONT FIX IT!" :D

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
On the other hand, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REWIND a DVD! :D

(Funny how it often seems two factors cancel each other out!) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks