What's new

Watching all the James Bond movies (SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Simmons did the first three gunbarrels. Then Sean took over with Thunderball and tripped over his own foot and they didn't do a retake. Oy vey.
Haha! I would actually nominate Connery’s gun barrel (used in TB, YOLT and DAF) as the WORST! He really DOES look like he tripped! 🤣 Absolutely no match for Lazenby moon-walking!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
For Your Eyes Only is the only one of the Moore films that I consider remotely watchable anymore.

It’s so funny how varied preferences are - that is the one Bond film out of all 25 that is a struggle for me to make it through each and every time :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It’s so funny how varied preferences are - that is the one Bond film out of all 25 that is a struggle for me to make it through each and every time :)

The Roger moore films are all at the top of my list.

I’m slowly watching all the films in order. For your eyes only is my next one to watch.

I’m distracted with Pluto 007 channel a lot though. I’ll turn that on and work.

Funny.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yeah, everyone has their favorites. I love the first 3 films, find Thunderball to be dull in the underwater spots and can't get past Connery as a fake Japanese in YOLT. OHMSS is genius and then it hits the skids for me. Moonraker gets a pass merely because it's the first Bond movie I ever saw. As an 11 year old SF fan, this was great stuff. FYEO is a sold cold war thriller and then the jokes started coming back.

Timothy Dalon was such a breath of fresh air and it stayed at least decent from TLD on. Die Another Day is probably the worst of the post-Moore films but all of them can be a good time in the right frame of mind.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben

"In fact, she has little interest in discussing the next Bond. “I want to let this film play and really celebrate Daniel’s incredible achievement that he has done over 16 years,” she says. “People always ask, ‘Oh, who’s the next James Bond?’ It’s like asking a bride as she’s going up to the altar who’s her next husband going to be. I don’t really want to think about who is going to be the next person until I absolutely have to.”

Still, she’d be game to bring back No Time to Die director Cary Fukunaga. “We love Cary. He’s done an exceptional job,” she says. “I don’t have any idea whether he’d do another one. I think he did this because he wanted a challenge, and he sure pulled it off. But I’m not sure if he’d do another one. We’d love to work with him again.”

For his part, Fukunaga says collaborating with Broccoli and Wilson was like nothing he had experienced before. “I’ve never worked with producers that were so creatively involved,” he says. “But I also knew that going into it, I knew this is their baby. So I came into it very much with the perspective of how can I do my part to try to make this a good film. From the very beginning, we would sit at this round table at the Eon offices on Piccadilly, and Barbara would be getting coffees and teas and food and making sure everyone was fed and at the same time is completely running the meetings with 17 ideas thrown up against the wall.”

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Dr. No screening in theaters in August. Fathom event. I found it on the Regal app coming soon.

Dr. No 60th Anniversary

August 21st.

I Plan on going and if I can’t at least I will buy a ticket.

The UK is currently getting all of the films in limited showings. I wish we could here in the US too.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have booked to see The Living Daylights in a fortnight.
I have very fond memories of seeing this one in 1987. It was the first 007 movie that I really anticipated coming out.

Octopussy was the first one I saw in theaters. First Bond film too.

I missed A View To A Kill in theaters. I was 10 so not sure what / why I missed it. My mom would’ve been the one to take us though as she took us to Octopussy in 1983.

A view to a kill was my first 007 movie that I bought on vhs.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My 1st Bond in a theater during its original theatrical run was For Your Eyes Only when I was just 11. Before that, I do recall seeing Goldfinger (and maybe one or two other Connery ones) as a younger kid in a Hong Kong theater during its subsequent rerelease/run around the mid-70's.

Haven't seen any other Connery or Moore Bonds in an actual theater... though the view (and probably sound) in my current HT setup should rival just about any that showed them, especially during their original theatrical runs...

_Man_

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Dr. No is in theaters in the US by Fathom in August. I plan on attending.

It should be listed soon but tickets are available on Regal cinemas website.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Tonight I watched A View to a Kill in a cinema, first time since it's theatrical release in 1985.
Jealous! I missed this one in 1985. Octopussy was my first 007 film in 1983.
My family went to the living daylights in 1987.

A view to a kill was my first 007 film vhs purchase.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
My first theatrical Bond was Live and Let Die (never really been a favourite though). Off to see The Living Daylights next Tuesday (smallish Odeon cinema about 34 recliners plus wheelchair spaces). Will swerve the Brosnan films but might watch the first two Craigs theatrically for the first time. Watching AVTAK gave everyone a real buzz.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
My wife and I watched The Living Daylights last night (the first Bond we watched together in 1987). Full cinema, an unusual ocurrence lately. Will give the Brosnan's a miss but might book CR after holiday.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This just popped up…

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks