What's new

Walmart Star Wars III Bonus Disk (1 Viewer)

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
Walmart is offering an exclusive bonus disk with the R2D2 and C3PO Documentary on it. I picked it up online in case I cannot get to the store that day.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Only 15% off MSRP? That's pretty lame for such a major release. Maybe the bonus disc will be worth it.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit

Same here.
Not only do that usually NOT have the lowest price, they often refuse to price match as well.

The best example I remember is the StarWars EP2 release. Toys RUs was selling them for $9.99 ADVERTISED.
Walmart was $15.99.

I walked in with the flyer, and they refused to price match, saying that ToysRUs sold out, so they don't have to match.
SO, I complained to the Department Manager.
He said he was told that by the Store Manager.
I complained to him, and he told me he was told that by the "Regional Manager"
The Regional Manager told me "tough crap".

So, I called 1800-walmart, and complained. Asked to verify there price match policy. They told me I was right, and called the store directly.

Oh... eventually I got it for $9, but it took me ABOUT 2 HOURS of complaining. That was the last one I buy.
They still don't price match, and I just don't have 2 free hours to waste...

nick

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I read in one of the news items on the HTF home page that Wal-Mart will have two versions of the release: a regular version at the low price (like $15.99), and the bonus disc version at about $10 more.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Most likely, the bonus disc version will be available with the Episode III DVD for $5 more, which is usually the case with Wal-Mart's bonus discs.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Should have gone to Circuit City. ABsolutely no problems with advertised prices...as long as the ads are CURRENT.

Patrick.C

Second Unit

That's how they always do it with their "bonus" discs. They're doing it that way with Cinderella in a few days too. But like Mike said, I doubt the difference in price will be $10 - probably more like $5.

ReneR

Auditioning
I pre-orded Star Wars Episode III - on August 7 at Buy.com and with a $5.00 coupon off of a $45.00 order the cost ended up to be $10.89.

I also pre-ordered Polar Express - $16.99 and Robots - $15.98 and no shipping charge / or tax.:)

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator
Guess I'm lucky. My local WM pricematched TRU at $9.97 (which they pointed out was better than $9.99!) for the entire week when AOTC came out.

Bad news is that the neighborhood their located in resembles a demilitarized zone.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator

I usually have no problem with circuit city price matching either, but I did for episode 2 and the toys r us ad.
teh cashier said "that ad was for full screen version only"
I asked for her manager.. the cashier called him on her phone.. he said.. "just ho ahead, match it." he didnt even come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks