What's new

walking out on a movie... (1 Viewer)

Mickey P

Agent
I walked out of Saving Private Ryan during the first ten minutes. The funny thing was that I tried to see it twice before that but the cinema was sold out. Anyway the afternoon before watching the movie I went to a Christmas Party and consequently drank a little too much alcohol. An afternoon of booze and sun did not correlate well with the blood and guts in the first ten minutes of the movie. I had to leave my girlfriend in there!!
I hope youve gone back and seen it since!! Its a fantastic movie!!

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
I've never walked out a movie but Batman and Robin was the one where I considered it an option to stop the pain! The one redeeming quality was Alicia Silverstone in that tight cat suit. I should have walked out The Matrix: reloaded and The hulk but it was free so i stayed.

Dustin Wind

Stunt Coordinator
Resident Evil
Matrix

Someone should start a thread "what movies do you fast forward to see what happens in the last 10 seconds"

I would have a LONG list. My time is valuable, but i LOVE movies.
If a movie sucks...it gets fast forwarded so i can do other stuff.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I take it you're not a Gilbert & Sullivan fan, maybe? :D

P.S. I thought TOPSY TURVY was the best film of 1999. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
It is definitly a film for those who like G&S. Those who don't probably won't get a lot out of it.
I may be blinded by the fact that I am a G&S fan, but for me, the Mikado was only the plot device. The film was about much more than creating and staging another operetta. It went to the way men viewed themselves, their work and their inner satisfaction with their accomplishments.

JonathanG

Stunt Coordinator
how can anyone formulate an opinion on a movie when you haven't watched it in it's entirety. I have never walked out of a movie, I have though fallen asleep

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator

I completely agree, Jonathan. I have never walked out of a movie (mostly because I spent $10 to get there), but I feel that in order to fairly judge a film I have to see the whole thing, no matter how bad it might be.

That said, I remember feeling the urge to get up and leave during the first thirty seconds of Spawn. The cheesy narrator started talking about "the war between heaven and hell," and I knew I had made a mistake. Spawn is by far the worst film I have ever seen in the theater. And that's saying something. I saw Highlander 2 the Friday it came out.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Never walked out of a theater. I rented Moulin Rouge!, and stoped it 20 minutes into the movie in total disgust. I also could not stand Romeo + Juliet. So no surprise here I don't like Baz's work. But my friend who I have "subjected" him to other movies talked me into watching Moulin Rouge! again. This time on my new RPTV. I still equality hated the movie. But this time it looked GREAT on my new set, I also finally got to the point of Nicole Kidman wearing skimpy underthings. ;) However I still got tired half way through, and went to bed. I never got around to finishing it and don't plan on it.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Can't recall a film I've ever actually walked out on in a theater, though I contemplated it during showings of Defending Your Life, Pretty Woman, and the aforementioned Spawn.

On video, I've stopped Stanley Tucci's The Imposters (farce is not my bag), and more recently, The Tuxedo, despite the presence of the lovable Jackie Chan and the fu... ahem, also lovable Jennifer Love Hewitt.

--Jefferson Morris

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
how can anyone formulate an opinion on a movie when you haven't watched it in it's entirety. I have never walked out of a movie, I have though fallen asleep

I agree, but in the case of "The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover", I just could not subject myself to the last 20 minutes. In any discussion of it, however, I would of course include the caveat that I walked out 20 minutes before the conclusion.

I've never fallen asleep in a movie since I was 6 years old, however. ;)

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I've never walked out on a movie, and probably won't ever. Even if a film is absolute crap, I know that someone put a lot of work into it, so I respect that. I wouldn't feel right about reviewing the film if I didn't see the whole thing.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I have never walked out on a film. I have though stopped watching one at home.

"Leaving Las Vegas" was just too depressing for me. I made it to the point where he was on the floor trying to get to the fridge. "Moulin Rouge", when they came out singing Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", that was it for me.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Hey, sorry if this has been brought up, but how do you get your money back? I didn't realize cinemas were required to redeem you if you venture into a truly crappy movie. Or did you have to make up some sort of excuse?

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
Hey, sorry if this has been brought up, but how do you get your money back?
I just asked politely. This was like 10 years ago though.

I do know a good friend (pretty conservative) at work walked out of THE HOURS and complained and railed on the movie theater manager until she and her husband got their money back. Too many lesbians was the complaint. :D

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
"The Avengers" - other than the A-List principals spouting off tiresome one-liners the whole way through this louse excuse for a student film, there were about 6 extras playing all other human roles in the movie. It looked like it was filmed in two days on five small studio sets. And What the hell is up with the colored tedy bears running around at the end?
I wished I had walked out of this one!
Later in the year, I walked out of "The Mod Squad" - I don;t even remember the premise, but I couldn't help but think that I had other more important things to do.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks