What's new

The Walking Hills (1949)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: The Walking Hills (1949)

Tagline: 10 WENT IN...7 CAME OUT...as the Walking Hills guarded their treasure!

Genre: Western

Director: John Sturges

Cast: Randolph Scott, Ella Raines, Arthur Kennedy, Edgar Buchanan, John Ireland, William Bishop, Jerome Courtland, Russell Collins, Josh White, Houseley Stevenson, Reed Howes

Release: 1949-03-05

Runtime: 78

Plot: A study in greed in which treasure hunters seek a shipment of gold buried in Death Valley.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Anybody familiar with this film? It has a good cast and directed by John Sturges. Essentially a tale like Treasure of the Sierra Madre but on a smaller scale. A group of people that meet in a card game go searching for a wagon train that was carrying gold that disappeared in a desert called The Walking Hills many years ago. I saw it a list of "The Best Westerns You've Never Seen" and watched it. I liked it a lot and went searching for a Blu-ray of it which does not exist. There are it seems a couple different DVD versions but it is also streaming in a variety of places. I was thinking it deserves a Blu and maybe someone like Kino could get hold of this one.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I really like this movie. It's too bad I only have it on DVD. A Blu-ray release would be welcome.

I figured if someone here knew this one it would be you. Yeah, it's a good film. I ended up discovering there was no Blu of it. I watched it streaming the other night but think it would look a lot better on Blu-ray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Anybody familiar with this film? It has a good cast and directed by John Sturges. Essentially a tale like Treasure of the Sierra Madre but on a smaller scale. A group of people that meet in a card game go searching for a wagon train that was carrying gold that disappeared in a desert called The Walking Hills many years ago. I saw it a list of "The Best Westerns You've Never Seen" and watched it. I liked it a lot and went searching for a Blu-ray of it which does not exist. There are it seems a couple different DVD versions but it is also streaming in a variety of places. I was thinking it deserves a Blu and maybe someone like Kino could get hold of this one.
This is the DVD boxset I have of it.

1685035165461.png

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks