What's new

Walking Dead Season 6 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There was a lot of cool stuff in this episode but the best was the beginning when Carol just looking out her window as a Wolf swooped in and killed that lady with a machete.

Never smoke the same brand of cigarettes as the Cigarette Smoking Man, Carol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't really understand the business of how actors are credited for television, but it's beyond bizarre to me that Katelyn Nacon continues to be listed in the "co-starring" credits that zip by at superspeed at the end with the bit players that have one line of dialog. It made sense last season when she was just one of the new background faces of Alexandria. I thought it was kind of weird that she continued to be credited that way when she had that whole storyline with Enid slipping outside the walls and then Carl and her getting cozy in that tree. But this week, she was literally the only actress onscreen for the entirety of the cold open, her character provided the episode's title, she was the featured guest on "Talking Dead" and Enid was arguably the central character to the whole damn hour.

Great hour of television that used violence to speak to character. Carol had quite a coming out to the people of Alexandria as the badass she is. I've been waiting for that shoe to drop for a while now.

I can sympathize with Morgan's position, but I spent most of the episode wondering how many people died unnecessarily because he was more concerned with non-lethal solutions to the threat than neutralizing the threat as quickly and efficiently as possible.

My pet theory was that Enid was the advance scout for the wolves. Given what we've seen tonight, with her journey from her parents becoming walker chow to her arriving at the gate, and given that Aaron's knapsack seemed to be the tipoff, that doesn't appear to be the case. But then there were other signs that she might have been. I wouldn't mind her character becoming the new Morgan, the lone wanderer that we just touch base with periodically, now that Morgan's been pulled into the fold.

The final beat with the buzzer going off on Carol's casserole was the perfect grace note, as you realize that everything went to hell in the time that it was baking in the oven, and that the mundane cooking process continued oblivious as the world collapsed around it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I agree Adam. I thought her leaving "JSS" written in places as she went was supposed to be some sort of marker for them to follow, so they could catch up later. I figured she was the scout for them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
I can sympathize with Morgan's position, but I spent most of the episode wondering how many people died unnecessarily because he was more concerned with non-lethal solutions to the threat than neutralizing the threat as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Yeah, after nearly all of the population of planet Earth has died, people should cherish every life but in this situation, there comes a point when you have to set that aside. Some people out there are just going to cause more death than they're worth.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I was thinking JSS meant "just survive stupid" the whole time. I guess their mantra was better... :P

Best episode of the series? Yeah, I think it is. Great action, SUPER jump surprise with that machete attack...LOVE the crazy ass Wolves. Man, they are nuts. Super Carol action, great work by Carl, loved the opening with Enid, and the contrast with Carol/Morgan is perfect. He's sure to get a rude awakening soon. You'd think he'd wise up when he sees the guys he 'let go' at his campfire back to terrorize and murder. But, no. He's going to be hardcore stubborn and stick to his "peaceful ways". Whatever. You learn hard lessons in this world. I figure just by the two guys he let go previously, he's responsible for 3 or 4 murders tonight. And, now he lets about 6 go free? And one gets a gun? Yeah..those deaths are gonna pile up, Morgan. Nice work.

Meanwhile, Carol proves that babbling madmen aren't even worth capturing and questioning. Just kill 'em and move forward!

I also LOVE the new character of the doctor. She was great.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
jwWRiOj.jpg

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
MarkMel said:
The new doctor was on Nurse Jackie. Nice to see here pop up here.
She was also 'fat Schmidt's' comfortable girlfriend on New Girl. The one he could Netflix and Chill with.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I still think that Enid is a Wolf sent to Alexandria to scout for them. She did leave at a weird time. Also, has the red letters on the stair rails been explained? Or could that be a mark from Enid to let the Wolves know which houses to raid? She did have all the keys to help her case the houses.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Agreed with some other commenters. Just annoyed at Morgan's character. To let that last group go and even grab a gun...just invites future trouble.

Also, I don't think the girl is part of the Wolves. She has always wandered to survive. I think she feels Alexandria isn't safe anymore and is moving on. That's why she left.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Back to S06E01, burning the walkers in the pit would have signaled others to come - Wolves, other walkers, other Bad People. I felt they should have had a way to keep them there - use a bulldozer or some other equipment to destroy the road they were using to walk out of the pit.

As for the letter stamp, the boy was using the stamp with the A at the party after the group first arrived. He had it when Carol confronted him on the steps. I don't think they ever explained what the A was for, tho. Alexandria?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Great episode! More intense than the premier.

I'm also pissed at Morgan. For all the talk from various Alexandria folk about Rick being "dangerous", Moran is the dangerous one. He is being terribly irresponsible in not killing the Wolves. Every life they take is on him. I think I may have said that last season as well when he let them go.

Morgan needs to grow the F up. These people are way more dangerous than Walkers. Frankly, not putting down every walked you see (and reasonably can) is dangerous and irresponsible. And these Wolves are more aggressive and dangerous than any walker. Not killing them after they've aggressively attacked with such brutality is irresponsibly naive.

Carol freaking rules.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Finaly caught up with this excellent episode, but I'm sitting there watching this gore-fest and human-on-human violence with my 19 year-old son and he innocently asks, "What would have happened if this episode had aired on TV when you were watching TV in the early 60s?"

I told him that it would have been the same thing that happened to EC horror comics in the 50's: Parental outrage and congressional activity banning such violence from polluting kid's minds. I mean, just think about something like this airing in 1960. That's how far we've come. EC comics such as Vault of Horror and Tales from the Crypt became the objects of national scrutiny and created such a backlash with posturing politicians that any violence in comics (and TV westerns for that matter) were banned for more than a decade. That's what I was thinking when he asked me that.

But EC comic violence with comic strip vampires and dripping blood were pretty tame by these standards, where the violence is depicted as realistically as possible. Not judging. Just saying, wow, what a long strange trip it's been to this point.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
three episodes all in the same time frame, think this is a first for this show, not really 24, but with the way things are carrying out it 's like 6 to eight hours of just one day, this has been a great way to introduce new secondary cast and integrate them into the show, also helps to separate some of the chaff from the wheat

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
oh holy shit the weak ass jackass caused Glenn's death, that's it gloves need to come off and kill every single person in that town,

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
maybe, but how does it work since Nicholas shot himself in the head, that he wont turn, and since they fell off together maybe he landed on him,, and Glenn just screaming from being under the buffet at golden corral

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow. I don't remember the last time I was surprised that much by a character's death in a TV show. And he is very much dead. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise? Did I miss something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks