What's new
World Wide Stereo

Wal-mart 6/8-6/14: Buy a Blu-ray Player get $100 Walmart Gift Card; Plus $15 BD Films (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The list of $15 Blu-ray Movies on sale this week, pictured in Wal-Mart's weekly printed ad flyer:

Flags of Our Fathers 2-Disc Special Edition
3:10 to Yuma (recent remake)
War
Blood Diamond
Shooter
The Fifth Element
Training Day
The Last Samurai
A Knight's Tale
The Patriot
Syriana

"While Supplies Last...$15 Each on these titles and more".

Timothy J Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
TimothyJackson Wolfe
The Walmart I went to the person did not know which movies were on the sale and the add had the above titles listed but then said and more, so I asked which they were and he did not know what tehy were so let me get National Treasure 2, Bee Movie, and The new Rambo movie for the $15.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sweet on that, Tim!

By the time I got to my local Wal-Mart around 9AM, they were already sold out of all but two of the $15 movie titles (of those two, I already own one and didn't want the other).

I did get the player, though, as a second unit for the bedroom. Hooked it up in 5 minutes; it's very nice. Can't complain a bit for the 10 minutes I've used it. Yes, I got the $298 unit.

I've had a couple of e-mails this morning with reports from people who tried to buy that unit, saying the electronics dept. manager told them the offer was only good on the two units pictured in the weekly ad flyer. Well, the flyer specifically says "all Blu-ray players", as does the Wal-Mart press release. You can find both of those online at the Walmart.com website.

When they rung up the $298 unit, it came right up in the employee's face on the register display that he needed to issue us a $100 gift card. We turned around and immediately spent that gift card on groceries, no problem...there's no restriction on what you can use it for. We got a basket full of groceries for $18 out-of-pocket...nice.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the hardware is the real sale. (Not much software on sale, and many of them are sold out online anyway. Which makes sense -- once a person has a $100 gift card, they're likely to buy movies even if the movies are NOT on sale.)

I'll just save my gift card for as long as it takes for them to offer up some good sales on the movies.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
There is an 80gig PS3 coming out this week. Since it looks like the $100 gift card is good on PS3's too (they're featured in the ad,) I may break down and take the plunge. Backwards compatability is important to me since there are many PS2 and PSOne games I still enjoy playing, but space is at a minimum.

Also, does anyone know what the deal is with the SonyCard offer? Is that $100 kickback in addition to the Walmart deal? If so, then this is a no-brainer for me...

troy evans

Screenwriter
You can add "Italian Job" (Mark Wahlberg), "16 Blocks", "We Were Soldiers" and "Goodfellas" to the list. I went in tonight and picked up "3:10 to Yuma"," Blood Diamond" and "War". I couldn't pass this deal up since you don't see them as much as you used to.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Last I checked (a month or so ago), that offer was still only good for purchases at a local SonyStyle store or the SonyStyle website unless you're talking about some other different offer. Here's the offer I'm thinking of:

Get $100 card credit

_Man_

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
No. This offer is specifically tied to buying a PS3, and I far as I can tell, you can purchase at any authorized Sony dealer (Walmart, BB, CC, etc.)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Hmmm... Interesting. Well, if you want to be sure, I guess you should give them a call to find out. I don't have their phone # readily available w/ me, but you can probably find it somewhere on the Sony Card - Sony Rewards site.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks