What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

USHE Announcement: The Sting (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Promotion: Universal 100th Anniversary Editions: The Sting (Blu-ray/DVD) Headline Date: TBA
Release Date: 6/5/2012 THE STING Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Universal
Theatrical Release: 12/25/1973 Synopsis: Winner of 7 Academy Awards®, including Best Picture, The Sting stars Paul Newman and Robert Redford as two con men in 1930s Chicago. After a friend is killed by the mob, they try to get even by attempting to pull off the ultimate ‘sting.’ No one is to be trusted as the twists unfold, leading up to one of the greatest double-crosses in movie history. The con is on! BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61121442) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21320-6-3 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/5/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 10 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
French European DTS 2.0 Mono
Subtitles: English SDH
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of The Sting (expires 12/31/2013)
• The Art of The Sting
• 100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics
• 100 Years of Universal: The ‘70s
• 100 Years of Universal: The Lot
• My Scenes
• pocket BLU App
BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61121442) : Disc 2 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21320-6-3 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/5/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 10 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French European Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • The Art of The Sting
BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61122155) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21397-5-8 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/5/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 10 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
French European DTS 2.0 Mono
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of The Sting (expires 12/31/2013)
• The Art of The Sting
• 100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics
• 100 Years of Universal: The '70s
• 100 Years of Universal: The Lot
• My Scene
• pocket BLU App
BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61122155) : Disc 2 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21397-5-8 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/5/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 10 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • The Art of The Sting
DVD Widescreen Special Edition(61027902) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-27902-2-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 9/6/2005 PreOrder Date: 8/2/2005 Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 10 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digipak Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
English DTS 5.1 Surround
French Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French
Spanish
Edition: Special Edition Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: [deleted]N/A Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen Special Edition(61027902) : Disc 2 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-27902-2-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 9/6/2005 PreOrder Date: 8/2/2005 Run Time (HH:MM): - Language: English Disc Type: DVD-5 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digipak Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
French
Spanish
Edition: Special Edition Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • The Art of The Sting
• Production Notes
• Theatrical Trailer
DVD Widescreen (61122175) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21399-7-0 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/5/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 10 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish
French
Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of The Sting (expires 12/31/2013)
• The Art of The Sting

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Looking at the picture on the back of the Amazon listing, it does have special features. Although I'm not sure if they are the same as the DVD, as I don't have that one.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ray,

Can you send me a link to that Amazon listing?

My search comes up with no artwork and a note to sign

up for when it becomes available.

I would like to make a preorder link available to members here.

Thanks

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've had the HD-DVD for a couple of years. I'll be reading reviews of this with great interest to see if I need to add this marvel in Blu-ray to my collection.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Oh, I didn't realize that the three part documentary was called "The Art of the Sting." Yeah, it's got the main feature from the old special edition. I'd have liked to have seen some new stuff, but I understand I guess why there wouldn't be anything. So long as the reviews are good, day one purchase for me.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
There seem to be two versions - a Digibook and a Standard case. The link is only for the Digibook. Can you put a link up for the other one as well. I hate Digibooks, and I see that the other one is about half the price. David

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David,

You are correct. Here is the cover art for the standard case:

If you have seen this available for $10 less let me know

where. On Amazon, it is listed as not being available yet,

but sometimes you really have to dig on that site to find

additional listings.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ronald Epstein said:
David, You are correct. Here is the cover art for the standard case: If you have seen this available for $10 less let me know where.  On Amazon, it is listed as not being available yet, but sometimes you really have to dig on that site to find additional listings.
Amazon doesn't have the art up yet, but they do have a listing for $13.99 http://www.amazon.com/The-Sting-Blu-ray/dp/B007N31ZLA/ref=sr_1_14?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1332627866&sr=1-14 David (I just wish they had done two versions of Buck Privates, as well)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David,

Thank you so much. I updated the announcement with the standard Blu-ray release

and Amazon link.

bigbird3141

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Breese
Is this a region-free release? It's anybody's guess when they'll get round to releasing it here in the UK. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks