What's new

Upgrading Recievers...suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey
I have a Kenwood 6070...i love the thing...and the THX curve makes the axiom M22's i have sound fantastic ;)
but i found a extra amount of money...about 1200.00=)
so iwas wondering...what i should get...
at first i was thinking some adcom amps and the outlaw audio 950...but then i saw the HK AVR-7200. but i can also get the Axiom VP-150 with the HK and still have enough=D
but am i really gonna see a huge difference between the HK and the kenwood?They offer the same decoding options(Minus logic 7) the nice thing about the HK is it has enough bandwith for HDTV with the component switching..so thats a deff. plus...but do you think its worth upgrading to that?
i know the HK has MP3 processing but i have a HTPC that takes care of that
all suggestions are welcome=)
Or maybe...whatelse should i get?=)
I have a X1 with a custom screen. so video wise im set for now=)
thanks!

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I think your better move would be to start thinking about going into seperates....

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Yeah seriously - I would get that additional speaker that you wanted + a good multichannel amp. Then when more funds come around, get the pre-pro to finish the migration. Then you can even sell your receiver to recoup some $$$.

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator
couldnt i get the multichannel amp and use it now since i have outs on my kenwood?
how much am i looking at?Should i look at something like the outlaw audio amps?
Im thinking of building a Shiva Sub to replace my old polk sub=D

ChadLB

Screenwriter
How about how much are you willing to spend on an amp? You can get alot of good used amps at audiogon...since people upgrade so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks