What's new

Upgrade help! (1 Viewer)

Hi I'm finally ready to purchase my speakers in a few hours, I just need a few suggestions. I can get the Micra 6 Package or 4 Athena AS-B1s and 1 Athena AS-C1 for about the same price. The room I'll be putting it in is about 25 x 15 x 8, with the theater part of it using a 15 x 15 portion. I currently have a Panasonic HTIB there with sats speced down to 120hz and the sub down to 45 hz, with a fixed crossover. I'm only going to be upgrading the speakers for now, I'll replace the receiver in a few months when more funds are available. I'm wondering whether I should go with the complete Micra 6 package with the subwoofer or get the Audition series speakers for now and buy the subwoofer and receiver later. Do you think the Micras will be sufficient to fill this space and will the subwoofer offer a substatial improvement? If I get the Audition series speakers, do you think they will overpower the current 6.75" subwoofer I have now? Thanks!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
B1's are more sensitive, and would offer more loudness with the current receiver. Also, I'm getting good 50hz response with mine in my 25x13 room, but NO true LFE will come of them, nor would I expect it. Also, they'd likely sound better without that little sub mucking things up.

I vote AS-B/C1.

That little Micra sub is probably pretty good. I heard the ES.8 and it's amazing what a good little 8" sub can do.

JeffLab

Stunt Coordinator
The Micra system is a great set, but the Audition series is superior. I have to agree with Colin, and say go with the Audition series. You'll be much happier with them in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks