What's new

UPDATE on R1 'Fraggle Rock' DVD... (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Marco, and thanks for the info. I'll work with Gord and get some sort of info up about this before the day is over.

This Wishbone news might also be of interest in this topic, since these show a release next Tuesday of a pair of DVDs that have 1 half-hour episode on each, for a list price of $9.99!

If this reflects the route HIT is taking with Fraggle Rock, and possibly others, then it behooves us all to participate in that MuppetCentral poll and let them know that season sets are preferred!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Marco, and thanks for the info. I'll work with Gord and get some sort of info up about this before the day is over.

This Wishbone news might also be of interest in this topic, since these show a release next Tuesday of a pair of DVDs that have 1 half-hour episode on each, for a list price of $9.99!

If this reflects the route HIT is taking with Fraggle Rock, and possibly others, then it behooves us all to participate in that MuppetCentral poll and let them know that season sets are preferred!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay, okay, it was the next morning! Sorry! :b

But the extra time allowed me to work up this extensive look at the situation, including an indication that Wal-Mart won't be carrying the discs, and a discussion of individual discs vs. season sets, and what YOU can do to get season sets released later on.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Dave, I was waiting for your response!

:}

You'll notice I added my impressions on the proposed context to the topic as well. I have to admit I was a little harsh and I will of course, end up supporting any Fraggle releases on DVD in hopes of proper season sets in the future... but I was really hoping that message would find it's way onto the monitors of someone with position at HIT!

PS - You might want to adjust that link to the forum discussion posted earlier at your site as it seems to be directing viewers to a seperate unrelated and irrelevant topic.

Here's the correct url again: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=14841

It might be helpful or beneficial to let HIT! know of the show's standings at TVShowsOnDVD.com as well as the statistic and voter's preferred context as to the show's release which seems to be pretty one-sided in favor of full season sets. Being that so many people seem opposed to the individual release context, it would probably prove constructive to let HIT! know where they stand.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Marco, thanks for letting me know about the bad link. I have no idea how that happenned! Huh, as many people who have read that since I posted it, and it's a LOT, noone bothered to send us an e-mail letting us know about it. But thanks for the heads-up.

I posted the info about the show's standings at TSoD so that HIT can hopefully read it. I don't have any direct contact info for them, and they ARE in the UK and all! :)

If nothing else, I'll see if Gord wants to use the same HIT "contact us" form I posted a link to, and let them know about it that way. It couldn't hurt. Hopefully, though, they are scanning around sites like ours - AND the HTF and MuppetCentral - for just this kind of feedback.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I sent an email to HIT requesting that they release Fraggle Rock in season sets. I received a short but positive note in return.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
I want season sets -- if the single-disc release is as cheap as reported, I'll buy it, though. The episode I'm most looking forward to seeing again is the one where all the Fraggles fall asleep because the light has gone, because all these years later I can still remember the song that Gobo sings to bring the light back. "Times I lose the spark, living in the dark. Learn to sing the golden sun to shine." I adored that song, and was sad not to see it on the one Fraggle music cd I've come across.

So does anyone else wonder how much of an ass-kicking that HIT employee who leaked the single-disc news got? I mean, I hope he's got some seniority, or incriminating photos of his bosses, because, when I followed the link Marco posted to that initial muppetcentral thread, all I could think was "Dude, you are sooooo fired."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks