What's new

Upcoming Timeless Releases (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Sean, let me put it this way. Riverboat is a Uni property and we know Timeless has a great working relationship with Universal right now. It has been released before in part by Timeless and they have shown some willingness to rerelease a series if they get better prints. And it is a western, and we know Timeless has a special affection for westerns. All those things would point to a very strong possibility, if you ask me. Sometimes the crystal ball will not allow me to speak about all it shows me. But on my own, apart from anything it has shown me, I'd think the chances were pretty good we'd see a release.

Gary "hope that helps" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Seeing "Riverboat" upgraded to complete series status would be the best thing I could see Timeless do at this point, now that "Arrest And Trial" has been taken care of for complete series treatment.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Gary OS said:
Sean, let me put it this way.  Riverboat is a Uni property and we know Timeless has a great working relationship with Universal right now.  It has been released before in part by Timeless and they have shown some willingness to rerelease a series if they get better prints.  And it is a western, and we know Timeless has a special affection for westerns.  All those things would point to a very strong possibility, if you ask me.  Sometimes the crystal ball will not allow me to speak about all it shows me.  But on my own, apart from anything it has shown me, I'd think the chances were pretty good we'd see a release. 
Gary "hope that helps" O.   ;)
Thanks, Gary! As always, your insights are deeply appreciated.
Darby

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Gary, I appreciate your information and contributions about upcoming Timeless releases. I continue to be amazed by the number of titles Timeless is planning to get out. I did not purchase too many of their "Best Of" sets, but if they go back and do "Complete Series" releases, I will happily pick them up.

I know this is probably not going to happen, but is Timeless giving any thought to releasing any Uni animation, such as the Lantz library or Calvin and the Colonel? Shout has started doing animation releases and I am curious if Timeless might be thinking along those lines, too.

mmyers

Agent
Real Name
mike myers
Gary,
Does the crystal ball say anything about seasons 3,4 and 5 of Tales of Wells Fargo? Anything on complete Cimarron City or Restless Gun?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Mike, I'd just say the same thing about Cimarron City that I did when I replied to Sean about Riverboat. Logic would tell me that anything that's a Universal property and a 50's/60's western certainly has a great chance at being released. There are times when my crystal ball reveals things to me but I'm not at liberty to say yes or no. So just take that for what it's worth, and add to it what I said above about logic and you should have your answer. When I'm able and allowed I always share what the crystal ball shows me, otherwise I'm just telling you what I believe, based on logic, will happen. That's what I'm saying here.

Gary "one would think Tales of Wells Fargo would fit into the same boat as the others, but I have nothing definite at this time" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisALM /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/120#post_3870703
Gary, I appreciate your information and contributions about upcoming Timeless releases. I continue to be amazed by the number of titles Timeless is planning to get out. I did not purchase too many of their "Best Of" sets, but if they go back and do "Complete Series" releases, I will happily pick them up.

I know this is probably not going to happen, but is Timeless giving any thought to releasing any Uni animation, such as the Lantz library or Calvin and the Colonel? Shout has started doing animation releases and I am curious if Timeless might be thinking along those lines, too.
Chris, I have no knowledge of those animated shows coming from Timeless. Sorry about that.

Gary "then again, you never know what might happen so don't give up" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darby67 /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/120#post_3870672
Thanks, Gary! As always, your insights are deeply appreciated.
Darby
Thanks, Darby. Just trying to do my part.

Gary "Timeless has been very, very impressive as of late" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
Thanks, Darby.  Just trying to do my part.
Gary "Timeless has been very, very impressive as of late" O.
i5w5nb.jpg

Jeff "Another one added 'Wide Country' to the list for delivery soon
wcgzso.jpg

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/120#post_3870849
i5w5nb.jpg

Jeff "Another one added 'Wide Country' to the list for delivery soon
wcgzso.jpg
I have a feeling that's going to be one of your favorite presents from Santa.

Gary "love the Santa emoticon" O.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Gary, can you tell us why there doesn't appear to be any more episodes of the Michael Rennie Third Man being released. Many thanks.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Gary OS /t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/120#post_3870720
Quote:
Chris, I have no knowledge of those animated shows coming from Timeless. Sorry about that.

Gary "then again, you never know what might happen so don't give up" O.

Thanks for the info, Gary. One thing I have learned is to never say never when it comes to DVD releases.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
moviepas said:
I have just got Tales of Wells Fargo 1&2 set which screened in my country in its heyday. Discs 2 &4 have mastering errors or something which stick part the way thru and nothing moves further. Disappointing.
I have just received this set and I can play all the episodes on discs 2 and 4. Which episodes gave you problems?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
ChrisALM said:
Thanks for the info, Gary. One thing I have learned is to never say never when it comes to DVD releases.

Might have to make an exception in the case of Batman and The Green Hornet

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Are the music substitutions in Timeless' DVD set of Johnny Staccato easily noticeable, or do they not spoil your enjoyment of the episodes? Have been considering getting this set.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
The Green Horne said:
/t/314653/upcoming-timeless-releases/120#post_3871656
Are the music substitutions in Timeless' DVD set of Johnny Staccato easily noticeable, or do they not spoil your enjoyment of the episodes? Have been considering getting this set.
Not in my opinion, Richard. But that's just me.

Gary "by my calculations Timeless is going to have released 12 vintage TV sets in a 5 month span - that's impressive!" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Gary OS 120#post_3871699
Not in my opinion, Richard. But that's just me.
Just comes down to personal preference then. A good sounding title Johnny Staccato.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
WaveCrest said:
Since when were there music substitutions in this set? I didn't hear a peep about this. I haven't noticed anything odd in my viewing/listening.:drum:

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
WaveCrest said:
Quote:
Read about the music substitutions in a Sight & Sound review of Timeless' Johnny Staccato set (March 2011 issue (Volume 21, Issue 3), page 90). An excerpt from the review:
Quote:
Discs: There are a few noticeable instances of music replacement throughout due to rights problems.
Curious. I do wonder if the reviewer was noticing actual music substitutions or just some of the original soundtrack jazz that didn't match the visuals from the original broadcast versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks