What's new

Turner Classic Movies and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment team up on TCM VAULT COLLECTION DVDs (1 Viewer)

Real Name
gary
What is the story with the free shipping with 50 dollar purchase?. I tried the Thanksgiving coupon with a preorder and i wouldn't give free shipping.

Real Name
gary
Thanks I got it to work. It was a a piece of text that i had to push to get free shipping. I'm still deciding because I want the UPA jolly set too with the Noir set. They only have it on preorder on the TCM shop. I wonder why moviesunlimited.com and tcmshop can't both get the titles added on at the same time.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Would someone please confirm, as soon as it's possible, whether the Bogart set uses pressed discs or not? Much thanks!

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I spoke with 2 reps at the TCM store who said that only the Universal-sourced TCM titles are DVD-R after their initial run and that all Columbia-sourced titles (Bogart, UPA, Film Noir 3) are to be pressed discs.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Mike*HTF said:
I spoke with 2 reps at the TCM store who said that only the Universal-sourced TCM titles are DVD-R after their initial run and that all Columbia-sourced titles (Bogart, UPA, Film Noir 3) are to be pressed discs.
Well that's nice to know. Sort of takes the pressure off to pre-order, although not being sure I went ahead and pre-ordered the Bogie set. It already shipped so I'll probably have it by the weekend.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Mike*HTF said:
Excellent, thank you Mike. :)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
The Bogie set is now back down to $34.99, and TCM is offering free shipping today until 5 PM EST. Code is "TCMSHIP."

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Traveling Matt said:
The Bogie set is now back down to $34.99, and TCM is offering free shipping today until 5 PM EST. Code is "TCMSHIP."
Certainly a great time to order the set. I think I ended up paying $10 more with shipping included last month.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Just received my Bogie set. To confirm, the discs are pressed. Ben Mankiewicz intros and the usual gallery of stills, etc.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I placed my Bogart DVD order on November 4 and it has not shipped yet;it still has a status of "Active." I even paid the $5.95 instead of $4.95 for slightly quicker shipping (3-7 days.) To those who received it yet, did you pay for the 2 day shipping?

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I just paid the standard shipping and even got 20% off list during the black friday promotion. Basically, I ordered it the weekend before release. The difference might be that I ordered mine from Movies Unlimited instead of TCM.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Just received the Bogie set. It's so great to have these films collected together, even though the hub-less holders can easily scratch the discs. Does anyone else's copy of "Love Affair" skip at about 9:31?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The hubless packaging of 4/5 of the discs is one of the strangest I've encountered. Took me a few minutes to figure out that I need to push the disc horizontally down across the plastic surface to free the disc from to two tabs holding it. At least, unlike stacked discs with hubs, the hubless prevents the top disc from getting its upper edge scratched on the bottom disc. Hopefully this is a step up in stacked design.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by JoHud

The hubless packaging of 4/5 of the discs is one of the strangest I've encountered. Took me a few minutes to figure out that I need to push the disc horizontally down across the plastic surface to free the disc from to two tabs holding it. At least, unlike stacked discs with hubs, the hubless prevents the top disc from getting its upper edge scratched on the bottom disc. Hopefully this is a step up in stacked design.

This is very frustrating and Sony and Universal has used this type of packaging a couple of times. I feel I am going to crack the disc before I get the damn thing out. Whoever designed this was having a good day in Sargent Pepper Land.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
In thinking about potential TCM/Sony releases, I've decided that a Frank Capra/Barbara Stanwyck Collection (Ladies of Leisure, The Miracle Woman, Forbidden, The Bitter Tea of General Yen), a Joan Crawford Collection (They All Kissed the Bride, Harriet Craig, Autumn Leaves, The Story of Esther Costello), and a Rosalind Russell collection (Craig's Wife, This Thing Called Love, What a Woman, A Woman of Distinction) would all serve as great additions to this already fantastic collection. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks