What's new

Top 5 stalled shows you want to see completed (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ks

Great thread, Gary.

My top five stalled series:

1. Rawhide
2. The Rifleman
3. Have Gun Will Travel
4. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
5. The Big Valley

Always great to have you contribute Michael. We are going to see HGWT start back up with S4, V1 next month so hopefully we will see that series completed. I'm with you all the way with those other picks.

Gary "more Paladin is always a good thing" O.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
All in the Family
Maude
The Bob Newhart Show
Newhart
Big Valley

I wonder why AITF is stalled. Six of the nine seasons are available and each available season has been reissued in slim packaging. Anyone have any ideas?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by RandallV

All in the Family
Maude
The Bob Newhart Show
Newhart
Big Valley

I wonder why AITF is stalled. Six of the nine seasons are available and each available season has been reissued in slim packaging. Anyone have any ideas?
Sony is looking into releasing complete series sets for AITF, and The Jeffersons.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Two US comedies:

NED & STACEY The second & last series, & I hope Sony carry on with JUST SHOOT ME, but don't leave it so long before the next lot!

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Just 5?

Tough choices but out of the dozen or more incomplete shows on my shelf I would have to say these are my top picks:

Hart to Hart
Big Valley
Hazel
Flipper
Rawhide

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thought I'd revise my list since some developments have taken place over the last 6 months that change things up a bit. My new list of Top 5:

1) Rawhide - nothing has changed here. It's still my favorite of the stalled series. If worse comes to worse I can eventually use Encore Westerns to complete my collection. But it's not the same as having it on studio dvds.

2) Ozzie & Harriet - these were never released in season sets, and I do have everything that has been released, but I'd love to see more. And I'd especially love to see Season sets. Unfortunately this is only a pipe dream because I've been told the Nelson Estate actually allowed the masters to be chopped up when editing was done for the Disney Channel run of this show back in the 80's. I believe there are many episodes that are out and out lost as well.

3) Petticoat Junction - this one got pulled way too early. Only the first two seasons out? Not nearly enough to satisfy me.

4) Hazel - again, only the 1st season released before Sony pulled the plug (no surprise considering the source).

5) Lone Ranger - probably not gonna happen, but I'd love to have every Clayton Moore season on studio quality dvd.

The nice thing is that of the original five I posted, one has been completed already (LITB), one is apparently going to be finished off very soon (VTTBOTS), and even at the time of my first post I already had every Big Valley episode, courtesy of Encore Westerns. I'd still buy any sets Fox put out, but having these in my collection in one form already, I didn't feel it merited a "Top 5" position in my list at this point. I also need to add a few shows that are now currently stalled out: Barnaby Jones, The Untouchables, and The Donna Reed Show. These are high on my stalled out list.

I'd still love to see all the other stalled shows I mentioned in my initial post as well. A few have been rebooted. The Real McCoys, Flipper, Dragnet, and Kojak (R2). But most are still languishing on the Island of Misfit Toys... Errr... I mean the Island of Stalled TV shows on DVD. I'd like to visit that island and rescue some of them, but it's not within my ability to do so. Perhaps Rudolph and Santa will help one day.

Gary "I wonder what song they sing every Christmas Eve as they wait for a studio or company to rescue them?" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by Jack P

1. Dragnet (1967-70). I am hoping that maybe, finally FINALLY this Christmas I'll be able to watch "The Christmas Story" on an official release at long last. That this TV classic has no official release on DVD is a disgrace.

2. The Big Valley (1965-69). Finish off S2 at least, although my favorite unreleased episode is S4's "They Called Her Delilah" with Julie London's best ever TV guest shot.

3. Burke's Law (1963-1966). I hadn't wanted to consider this stalled, but VCI has been taking way too long with a new release (over a year now I think).

4. Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea (1964-68). Yes, FINISH this one Fox!

5. Night Gallery (1970-73). We waited long enough to get S2, and now it's a year plus as we wait for the final season.

I am glad that "The Bill Cosby Show" is off the list (though Shout! still doesn't have S2 avaialable to pre-order, I'll take their word for it it will be coming), and that for now "Ironside" is also off the list. If I had to go further, I'd like to make honorable mention for "Barney Miller", "Hart To Hart" and "Love American Style."

Well, seven months later I have two shows off the list in "Dragnet" and "Voyage". I now move up "Barney Miller" and "Hart To Hart" to the other two positions with "Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island" now in the honorable mention category.

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
I know it's more likely "dead and buried" as opposed to "stalled", but I still want more NYPD Blue. That's it. I don't have anymore stalled shows.

Maybe WKRP, but I don't even count that because that's definitely dead and buried.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis F

Maybe WKRP, but I don't even count that because that's definitely dead and buried.

Technically I could have mentioned The Wonder Years since it did have one "Best of" release all the way back in '99. But we all know that show is never, ever going to get released onto dvd. Therefore I've never listed it on threads like this. It's a wishlist type item, and that's it.

Gary "I have no idea which stalled shows are up next (if any even are) for restarts" O.

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Need seven

Once and Again needs one more season

Murphy Brown

Party of Five

Growing Pains

Who's the Boss

Pickett Fences

The Practice

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are several shows that have been stalled. I have given up on a few shows and focused more on what has been released and also on deals.

I am just happy shows like Hawaii Five-O, Adam-12, etc continue to see releases.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Here's mthe list of Stalled Shows I have.

Baywatch (They got the whole nine yards in Germany, why not the USA?)

The Beverly Hillbillies

Charlie's Angels

CHIPs

Cannon

Doc

Early Edition

The Flying Nun

Green Acres

Highway to Heaven

Lassie (Has had only a few "Best Of" Episodes)

The Mod Squad

My Three Sons

Peter Gunn

Petticoat Junction

Rawhide

The Real McCoys

Route 66

The Streets of San Francisco

Touched by an Angel

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Regulus

The Beverly Hillbillies

Charlie's Angels

CHIPs

Cannon

Doc

Early Edition

The Flying Nun

Green Acres

Highway to Heaven

Lassie (Has had only a few "Best Of" Episodes)

The Mod Squad

My Three Sons

Peter Gunn

Petticoat Junction

Rawhide

The Real McCoys

Route 66

The Streets of San Francisco

Touched by an Angel

Germany loves hasselhoff and worship the ground under his feet. So, any show he was part in will sell in Germany.

Let's face it baywatch really was babe watch. The plots and show was very weak. The only reason people watch it was bikinis and not the plot lines.

Some of the other shows you have listed are good, but, they each have their own issues, like music, low sales, etc.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
These are the 5 series I want the most:

1. Cannon

2. The Streets Of San Francisco

3. MCCLOUD

4. The Hardy Boys

5. Kojak

I don't know yet if Mannix or Barnaby Jones are in fact stalled. Gary, do you have any information on these 2 shows? If they are stalled, they would be in my top 5, knocking off the list The Hardy Boys and Kojak.

Robert

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Night Gallery--just one season to go!

The Untouchables--ditto

Bob Newhart Show

Barney Miller

Da Vinci's Inquest

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks