What's new

Top 5 stalled shows you want to see completed (2 Viewers)

matthewm301

Auditioning
Real Name
matthew
1 Melrose Place

2 Once and Again

3 Party of Five

4 Knots Landing

5 Everwood

6 Beverly Hills 90210

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Younger1968: I´m German and I can tell you that 90% of all Germans think that David Hasselhoff sucks.

He was once popular in Germany with a song called "Looking for freedom" but he isn´t more popular in Gerany than in the USA.

People alway exaggerating Hasselhoff´s popularity in Germany. Only people between 55-85 love him:)

My list:

1) Vega$

2) Streets of San Francisco

3) Cannon

4) Jake and the Fatman

5) Matt Houston

and "Hart to Hart" and "The Fall Guy"!

S

silverking

Life & Legend of Wyatt Earp - S1 even announced on the box 'Watch for all 6 seasons coming soon!

Untouchables

Big Valley - Lots of requests for this maybe Shout will pick it up ?

Mannix

Rawhide

Shows I hope will continue - Gunsmoke, Perry Mason

Shows I wish someone would start - Dragnet 50's, Warner Bros detective & westerns

Route 66

Cheyenne

Maverick

The Untouchables

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Peter Gunn

The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp

The Rifleman

One Step Beyond

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Night Gallery

The Lawless Years

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
1. FAMILY TIES. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why Paramount just stopped releasing this, two seasons short. I'm thinking poor sales but then why did they release the previous seasons three months apart?

2. SLIDERS. I was under the impression the fourth season was the last but someone mentioned it above so, yeah, season 5 please.

3. THE TWILIGHT ZONE (80's Version). There may only have been the 3 seasons that Image released but I think I read somewhere that there was a partial fourth-season, shortened episodes, something like that.

4. BENSON. The later seasons were funnier.

5. ONE DAY AT A TIME. I'm thinking Shout! Factory might pick this up and release a complete series set. (same with Benson, maybe) Hey, you never know.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Holy Mackeral!!! How could I have forgotten this one?!!!

Route 66

Maybe it's not stalled, but it sure looks like it's stalled to me. I know many fans don't even care that much about the last season since Maharis was gone, but darned if I don't want that last season if for no other reason than to see those last couple of episodes filmed in Tampa, Florida (my stomping grounds growing up).

Gary "so close to finishing" O.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Big Valley is the # 1 for me . Mostly because i can't stand that they stopped halfway through season 2 . That drives me crazy .

From news i've read online i understand we should finally get the last half of season 4 for VTTBOTS , Thank god .

Route 66 ,Night Gallery,Rifleman,The Saint,Rawhide,Naked City,The Untouchables,Thriller(Clemens),Burke's Law,Cheyenne and The Mod Squad.

Any of those would be nice to complete . Not sure on the status of any of them .

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Wow, I forgot about Quincy because it wasn't on my first post list. At the time I created this thread I hadn't considered Quincy as stalled because Universal had picked it back up after a delay. But now, I'd have to put the show back in the stalled category. Bummer.

Gary "so many stalled series are on the cusp of a season that involves a Christmas episode... it's driving me crazy" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
It's too bad some of these are not only stalled but pretty much dead, the Sonys, but since there's no Top 5 Dead Shows thread I put them here.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
With so many possible to choose from one has to come up with a criteria for choosing a top 5. My criteria is how stalled it is (i.e., are there no rumors of pending releases), how high it is on my list, what alternatives are available, and what is the quality of the alternatives.

So with that in mind, my top 5 are as follows (no particular order):

- Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp

- Hill Street Blues

- Rawhide

- Rifleman

- Peter Gunn

Duane Alford

Second Unit
1.ChiPs

2.The Fall Guy

3.The Big Valley (I wish Shout Factory would take over and release Season 2 as a complete season set)

4.Sliders (only one season left, I'll buy it if released although I'm sure I wouldn't miss it)

I hope Matt Houston isn't stalled. It hasn't been that long since Season 1 was released and I did buy it.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i dont think you will see much happen now with releases until the new year. The studios will release the ones they commited to releasing, but, nothing new until 2011. I remember attending a few forums and there are some releases plan for 2011. However, the economy is still not very good and consumer spending is still down, so i am thinking the studios will be very cautious with their release. I just hope to be able to complete the following series in 2011.

1. Hawaii Five-O (S10-12)

2. Dallas (S14)

3. Adam-12 (S6-S7)

4. Emergency! (Movies)

The rest of my time/budget will be looking for deals on shows alread releases, like tales from the darkside, Man from Uncle, Mission Impossible, etc.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I don't have any significant updates in terms of individual titles coming down the pike, but I feel reasonably confident that of all the CBS/P classics Hawaii Five-O is going to get completed in a timely fashion. It's a good seller to begin with, and when you add in the new series coming out this fall I'm sure it's going to stay on schedule (as opposed to getting bumped back in the release schedule or stalled out altogether). That series, along with Perry Mason, seem to me to be the two top classics that CBS has yet to ever bump back in the schedule over the last 2 years. Every other classic they've been releasing has seen at least some kind of bump back (whether that be a month, or 6 months, or what have you). And of course some have seen out and out stalls/cancelations. But H5O and PM seem solid on the CBS side. Bottom line: If either of those stalls out I'd say that means the entire vintage TV market at CBS is in major trouble.

I hope Adam-12 finishes out because I'd like a clean copy of their last season Christmas episode. I have a pretty decent copy right now, but nothing beats a crystal clear, uncut, no logo, pressed DVD version.

On a side note, I'm told that some of the studios are already regretting 3D, but because so much money has already been invested in it they feel they'll need to keep pushing for it a bit longer. But it looks like that's not going to be the "next big thing" and hopefully that means standard def DVD hangs on a bit longer. I'd like to see this format find a way to stay alive for another 5 to 10 years before studios either convert exclusively to Blu-ray (which I doubt will ever happen) and/or before they go to streaming and downloading as the next "wave". Everything I can glean tells me that's still ultimately the way they want to go as technology is constantly increasing, but we'll have to see. I know I'm still of the opinion that I like to own physical media and DVD will be the last major stop for me in this hobby. Once it's gone, so am I. There will be no wholesale conversions to any other format for me. This is the last stop - for sure.

My new Top 5 Stalled list (as of this very moment - and it can change in half an hour):

1) Rawhide

2) Ozzie & Harriet

3) Mr. Peepers

4) Naked City (1st Season half-hour eps)

5) Lassie

I pushed a few out of the top 5 only because I have them from alternate sources and the need isn't as great. Thanks to certain TV networks, I've not been totally iced out of things like The Big Valley, The Lone Ranger, Hazel, Quincy, Happy Days, The Rifleman, and several others. I've at least been able to watch all of those if I've wanted to over the last few years. So I'm putting those shows that I really haven't had any chance to watch recently at the top of my list. Heck, I can even watch a few beat up Ozzie and Harriet and Lassie episodes if I want to, but it's not the same as having really decent season set prints. So my top priority are the shows that haven't been aired recently and are stalled out right now.

Gary "don't get me wrong - I'd buy pressed studio dvds of any stalled shows on my list" O.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Adding another stalled "holy grail" to the previously-short list:

1. Oliver's Twist - In fact, anything Jamie Oliver-related has been stalled in Region 1.

2. The Fall Guy - I'm still not over the handling of Season 1. I would love to see the remaining seasons released, but only if going forward the original broadcast music is intact. Season 2 is where this series really took off with Markie Post.

3. Early Edition - Since I went into more detail elsewhere, here is the shortened version. I'm hoping this being off their schedule this year will give CBS/Paramount even more time to secure the original broadcast music (ala The First Season and The Second Season) and finally include the original Rod Serling ending to "Hot Time in the Old Town". (And I hope they place "Time" as the final episode on the fourth season set as it was originally intended to close out both the season and series.) I think this would also be the perfect time for CBS to follow Warner in opening their vaults, and license some out to Shout! Factory. Brian Ward had posted in the past he would look into this one, just prior to the official announcement of the first season set.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
King of the Hill

The Bob Newhart Show

Newhart

Knots Landing

Green Acres

And that's just for starters…

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm hoping that once the 13th and final season of Dallas is released (as well as the TV movies) Warner Brothers can have another look at releasing the third season of Knots Landing. I haven't finished watching the fourth season of Dallas yet because only the first two seasons of Knots Landing have been released on DVD.

I am hoping that the delay in a possible R1 release of the third season of Early Edition, is because CBS DVD/CBS Paramount are trying to secure the original music for that season.

The most puzzling stalling of an older show for me, is the fourth season of Mannix. It's baffling. This season (and the remaining four seasons after that) has been transferred to HD. It's looking now like it won't be released (if it does get released at all) until 2011, meaning it will have been more than 12 months since the third season was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks