What's new

Top 5 stalled shows you want to see completed (1 Viewer)

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande
Originally Posted by Thomas Newton

Animaniacs – only ONE season left; how hard can this be?

"The version I heard was," Volume 4 has the "Macadamia" take-off on Macarena, and they had some problems getting the rights to the song.

Here are mine:

Animaniacs

Rocky & Bullwinkle "& Friends" (glad to see season 4 out - just one more to go, although I would have liked to see the original opening and closing credits from The Bullwinkle Show for the later ones)

The Larry Sanders Show

and a few of the older Nickelodelon titles available only from Amazon's DVD-on-demand service (although they are withholding episodes of some shows for various reasons - apparently, Nickeoldeon still doesn't want to release the Rocko's Modern Life story "Jet Scream" as it involves Rocko being in a plane crash and it was pulled from the TV rotation after 9/11/2001)

-- Don

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande
Sorry if this appears twice - the first attempt to reply appears to have disappeared.

Originally Posted by TravisR

(The Larry Sanders Show) series set is coming in November.

I did not know that - thanks.

Also, I wouldn't call it "stalled", as they had only a "best of" release up to this point, but I also just found out that Season 1 of The Phil Silvers Show (what everybody calls "Bilko") has been released.

-- Don

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Since it's been a while I thought I'd resurrect this thread and look back at some of the shows I had wanted to see "unstalled", and I've updated my initial post and a subsequent post (#95) to reflect shows that have been "unstalled", or what have you. Many are not completed yet, but some have at least seen some release since my initial post, which was written over a year and a half ago. Those that have had some type of release I put a line through, even if they might be stalled out yet again or still aren't close to being completed.

My new list, as of now, would be (in no particular order):

The Untouchables (it's beyond ridiculous that this one is completed yet)

The Big Valley (ibid)

Barnaby Jones (was close to getting another release, but just missed the cut earlier this year)

Petticoat Junction (sad that this one is languishing)

Ozzie and Harriet (tough situation with this show and the supposed state of its master prints, but I'd still like to see something else released)

Lassie (alt sources available, but it's still nice to have official sets)

The Lone Ranger (just need an official S4 release and I'll have all I want)

Mr. Peepers (one season left)

Quincy (maybe Shout can save this Universal series next)

Naked City (I really only want the half hour 1st season eps)

Beverly Hillbillies (still a mystery to me that this one couldn't get to the color seasons)

Gary "in spite of all the good news we've had recently there are still many, many more stalled out series I'd like to see get off the snide" O.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Maude - too bad even Shout said they won't touch it due to music licensing issues. Mama's Family - perhaps Warner Archive could resurrect this gem. Charlie's Angels - if the new TV version ever gets off the ground, we may finally see S5. One Day at a Time - S2 was my favorite with S3 behind it; I'd be happy with just these two if nothing else. Music rights may also be an issue for Shout. Petticoat Junction - Would be nice to get at least one or two color seasons (they were the best of the bunch anyway).

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
PEYTON PLACE PEYTON PLACE PEYTON PLACE I want all of Peyton Place but if i could get the following would be nice Peyton Place all the black and white episodes released Peyton Place all color episodes ending with the exit of Martin Peyton The 3 Peyton Place Movies Peyton Place Revisted cast reunion Murder in Peyton Place Peyton Place the Next Generation Return to Peyton Place the two year daytime soap 1970's drama Family The 2 Wild Wild West Movies

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
1. ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (three seasons remaining, containing some of the top episodes of the entire series... "The Man from the South", "Bang! You're Dead", etc) 2. THE UNTOUCHABLES (one season left!) 3. ROUTE 66 (ditto!) 4. ONE STEP BEYOND: CBS/Paramount Official Release (two seasons left) 5. SCTV (the final 'Cinemax' season, plus a bunch of the 'Early Years' episodes not rerun in the NBC 'Network 90' cycle) If not for the impossible music rights hassles, WKRP IN CINCINNATI would be at the top of the list, but Season 1 would also need a complete do-over. Runners-up: NIGHT GALLERY (one season left) LUPIN THE THIRD (classic 1970s anime that got the R1 DVD plug pulled on it two-thirds of the way through its run) ZATOICHI (three seasons left) HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL (one season left) Recently unstalled, but not out of the woods yet: RAWHIDE THE BOB NEWHART SHOW

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I definitely should have included Route 66. I must have a subconscious issue because of all the problems with the dvd releases.

Gary "if HGWT is stalled out again (and it may very well be) then it goes on my list as well" O.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
My List Would Include Cannon Barnaby Jones The Streets Of San Francisco MCCLOUD The Beverly Hillbillies God Bless! Robert

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCCLOUD

My List Would Include

Cannon
Barnaby Jones
The Streets Of San Francisco
MCCLOUD
The Beverly Hillbillies

God Bless!

Robert

Great list, Robert. Thanks for contributing!

Gary "I think McCloud is being released in Australia" O.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Australia is up to Season 4 of McCloud and Denmark is up to Season 7, due out in early September. There ya go.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by FanCollector

Australia is up to Season 4 of McCloud and Denmark is up to Season 7, due out in early September. There ya go.

Where would one buy dvds from Denmark? Can you point me to a website? Thanks!

Gary "I wish Amazon would get an Australian site, but for now EzyDVD and DevotedDVD work just fine when I'm in need" O.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
www.moviezoo.dk They were very quick and helpful, and when I had a question they were able to answer in English. The Australian releases are a little nicer, but the Danish ones for seasons 5 and 6 are very good. (They combine seasons 3 and 4 into one release, but omit one episode entirely over music issues, whereas the Australian release just cuts out the song.)

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
My list would be:

1. Petticoat Junction (just some great good ol' fashioned humor)

2. Beverly Hillbillies (more good ol' fashioned humor with silliness)

3. Green Acres (a bit whacky, but love the characters in this show)

4. Barnaby Jones (Wasn't sure if I would still like this show - i was pretty young when it originally aired; but I must say once I put in the Season 1 dvds, i was really impressed,- great show with great acting).

5. Cannon ( same as Barnaby Jones - great acting and William Conrad does a great job)

Also hoping for more Sgt. Bilko (Phil Silvers is absolutely a comedic genius in this show) I can't stress enough how talented and funny he was for this show. If anyone is on the fence about getting Season 1, go for it. You won't regret it.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
The Practice - I really would like to have the final season that introduced James Spader as Alan Shore and William Shatner as Denny Crane. Charlie's Angels - I share the hope that the final season will be released when the new series begins. The Big Valley - One of my four favorite western series and since WB isn't releasing those three, can we at least finish this one? Knot's Landing - just because it was fun Cannon - nothing like a big guy chasin down some crooks

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by FanCollector

www.moviezoo.dk

They were very quick and helpful, and when I had a question they were able to answer in English. The Australian releases are a little nicer, but the Danish ones for seasons 5 and 6 are very good. (They combine seasons 3 and 4 into one release, but omit one episode entirely over music issues, whereas the Australian release just cuts out the song.)

Thanks again! I'll bookmark that site.

Gary "wish the US dollar weren't so weak right now - the exchange rates are pretty bad at the moment" O.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
You are welcome Gary! Let me add Ironside to the list. As for MCCLOUD maybe Shout will pick it up. However, I find it disappointing that Timeless has not picked up MCCLOUD. Timeless already has a relationship with Universal. Timeless has released a lot of Westerns and the modern Western cowboy MCCLOUD seems to me a show that would be a perfect fit for Timeless. Especially when you consider some of the lesser known series,both Western and Non Western, Timeless has released on DVD. Maybe Timeless will consider MCCLOUD. Take Care! Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks