What's new

To the moon and back theater (1 Viewer)

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Raul Marquez said:
With a room like this you probably don't want to go to the rest of the house! :)

Glad to see that you used my suggestion about the glass top and corks!

Enjoy with a great wine. (Definition of a "great" wine is just one you enjoy.... not price dependent!)

Raul
I'm definitely finding reasons to go down there!
This Memorial weekend we are spending time in the finger lakes region wineries...I'm sure we will find a great to us (Riesling!!!!lol) to bring back. ;)
I think I'll be shopping for a slate cheese/chocolate cutting/serving board to serve some yumminess with my wine.
Then I will have to plan a wine tasting movie night with a "wine movie"

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Ps I was excited that my daughter posted a pic and was excited about the outdoor movie night on her facebook. Usually she is being too cool to admit she does things with her parents View attachment 19210

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
After seeing your barrel with top, makes me want to get back to finishing mine. Just got my projector and screen up so I guess I should have time. However I can't stop watching movies! What size is your glass top?

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
CalvinC said:
After seeing your barrel with top, makes me want to get back to finishing mine. Just got my projector and screen up so I guess I should have time. However I can't stop watching movies! What size is your glass top?
It's 36". Fits perfect but I could also go bigger.
What does yours look like? Mine needs work but I figure I'll use it while I have it and get to working on it whenever

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for the slow reply, went to Chicago for my granddaughter's first birthday. My barrel is in good shape,a little weathered which is why I am sanding it. I'll try to take a picture today. Stated painting the house so the barrel will have to wait a little longer. But that will give me time to empty more bottles for the corks! A hard job!

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
ImageUploadedByHTF1441024475.461184.jpg

ImageUploadedByHTF1441024685.615845.jpg

Photo update!
The posters are in my wine room/concession stand. I'm replacing the Van Gogh tho
I ordered more poster lights for the movie posters that are down the steps. I can't wait to get them!

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Jason Charlton said:
Looks great! Glad you managed to source a pin, too!
Thank you! It isn't an awesome pin (in pinball affectianato circles) and is actually smaller than commercial ones but it fits our space and we enjoy playing it
ImageUploadedByHTF1441033100.317173.jpg

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Jason Charlton said:
Looks great! Glad you managed to source a pin, too!
Btw we bought the pin from the downstate "pinball guy". He has club meetings at his house and I think he said he had 35 machines. I was walking around in shock and forgot pics of his setup. I played two that I got pics of...I think my eyes were glazed over the whole time. They were awesome!
ImageUploadedByHTF1441034109.355689.jpg
ImageUploadedByHTF1441034141.206487.jpg

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Update!!!
I decided to finally put the carpet in. My daughters 13th birthday party is this weekend and we always like to get something done in the basement. So for $200 (maybe less, it's been so long I forget) here is my new theater carpet
ImageUploadedByHTF1447963019.209716.jpg
ImageUploadedByHTF1447963061.829761.jpg

I'm not sure what will be the next update...we have decided that we will be working on getting my older daughter a barn, and fence, for the horse she wants to get. Yes, we are a bit crazy around here.

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Thank you! I was hoping to install the tiles in a way where you couldn't tell they were tiles...I did in the walkway then decided to start rotating them to get the checkerboard effect. It is what it is. A week before we had water come in the adjoining exercise room where we have the interlocking foam squares for a floor. The possibility exists that I'll have water in the theater. I'd rather be ready for it with replaceable tiles than have an entire carpet installed. It isn't ideal but I have to work with what I have.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I bet that room got really quiet!!!! But the quieter the better when you get ready to EQ the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks