Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Megdagooch said:
I don't seem to have that kind of wine in my cellar
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByHTF1430432507.424183.jpg

Nor do I. But I sometimes type with my tongue in cheek (the cheek next to my mouth, anyway).

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Step 1: travel across most of the state OF NY to purchase a barrel of the desired size. (Which isn't that easy to find!)
ImageUploadedByHTF1430651469.737210.jpg

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Eeeeeeeeeeeek!!! I'm so excited!!! We went to Astoria (NYC) and picked up my birthday present yesterday. I have wanted one of these for SO LONG!!! It's vintage 1950's and I grew up with a Coke billboard in my parents living room. So this is so special to me! I think it's going to look great (when I get the walls painted) hung up over the bar
ImageUploadedByHTF1430745646.370464.jpg
ImageUploadedByHTF1430745658.454491.jpg

I couldn't wait to share...but expect a photo once I get it hung up ;)

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
They don't like to tell their friends because they are worried they will only want to be their friends for their cool stuff. ;) I have smart kids!
I do want to murder them when they tell me they are bored. They are spoiled...but in a good way ;)
I love when they want to help with basement stuff and get as excited as I do.
I'm sure when they are a little older and they have a "teen hang out" they will appreciate it even more! Lol!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Jason Charlton said:
I was going to suggest you need a pinball machine or two in there! Pinball is my "other" hobby - I have two pins (Jurassic Park and an older late-70's game that I'm 2 years into restoring). I keep telling my wife that if we remove the table at the back of the theater, we'd have room for 5 or 6 across the back wall... but she's reluctant (thus far...). It'll happen eventually.

Off topic, but if you are ever in Las Vegas, you need to visit the Pinball Museum. They have machines going back to the 1940's and you can play them all!

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
RolandL said:
Off topic, but if you are ever in Las Vegas, you need to visit the Pinball Museum. They have machines going back to the 1940's and you can play them all!
I was in Las Vegas and had no idea it existed!!!! Booooooo :( next time is a while away, too many other places to visit!

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
I Just placed them together to see how it will look. And added props for the photo of course! We want to put a circle of wood a few inches under the glass...to stabilize the barrel a bit, and put wine corks on top. I may sand the metal bands and do a rubbed bronze finish on them and stain the whole barrel. But not for awhile
ImageUploadedByHTF1431804780.415602.jpg

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
With a room like this you probably don't want to go to the rest of the house! :)

Glad to see that you used my suggestion about the glass top and corks!

Enjoy with a great wine. (Definition of a "great" wine is just one you enjoy.... not price dependent!)

Raul
Megdagooch said:
I Just placed them together to see how it will look. And added props for the photo of course! We want to put a circle of wood a few inches under the glass...to stabilize the barrel a bit, and put wine corks on top. I may sand the metal bands and do a rubbed bronze finish on them and stain the whole barrel. But not for awhile
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByHTF1431804780.415602.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks