What's new

Things that baffle you? (2 Viewers)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It's not charitable, but I always imagine a giganticly fat smoking creep, who also parks's in a handicap spot using his mothers sticker.

Well, one might sympathize with someone who has physical difficulty (whether self-inflicted or not) doing that.

My father-in-law recently gave up his car, but his handicap tag is still a ways from expiring. Since I drive him around to his appointments, he gave me the tag, so he doesn't have to remember to bring it when I take him somewhere. It's actually less difficult than I thought it would be to refrain from using it for myself. Fortunately, when he's not in the car, I tend to forget that it's in the glove compartment, so I'm not tempted. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I've met a couple of stars in my time. I didn't scream or gush or ask to take a bunch of pictures. Just had a polite, pleasant conversation.

These people that scream, cry, carry on, and trample people nearby are ridiculous and, I think, mentally unbalanced.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I was expecting a package delivered today. This is what's in my Informed Delivery tracking:

Oct 07
4:17 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Oct 07
1:58 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

Oct 07
3:05 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

Oct 05
In Transit to Next Facility

Oct 04
6:34 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

What the actual fuck?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
As a TV addict for a number of years, I have always wished it was easier to modify remotes. Every one seems to have a number of stupid buttons controlling functions which surve purposes that I don't use, and of course they are right beside ones that get heavy use. I have big fingers, and of course I push these buttons which say ... skip back 5 minutes etc. Some day, I am going to take a surplus remote and a screw driver and go to town.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I had a delivery appointment near Atlanta at 6:00 this morning. Due to a long delay for getting loaded yesterday, I couldn’t make it. I told my dispatcher that the appointment needs to be rescheduled. This was 6-1/2 hours ago. The customer hasn’t gotten back with an answer about when I should show up. Hard to understand. I get angry at shit like this.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why Zac Efron's appearance in a new film is considered "headline news" (not to mention the fancy restaurant closing, too)? Must be nothing else of note going on in the world these days. :rolleyes:

1699380937392.png

Click the link and you get a couple sentences about his muscles, haircut, tan, and an invitation to watch the trailer. Not sure what the point is? Does CNN produce movies now?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Amazon's "Amazon Day" delivery.

I have anywhere from 8-20 items per month on "Subscribe and Save" - all of which are *supposed* to be delivered on the same day - usually my scheduled "Amazon Day." I also will order stuff and just have it, too, scheduled for "Amazon Day" simply because I'm rarely in a hurry for the order and they'll occasionally offer a "digital credit" for using that method.

So... All this stuff is *supposed* to come the same day to save packaging and trucks on the road... They *rarely* use a single box for 2 or more items and the orders *rarely* arrive all on the same day. It's usually spread across a week to week and a half with just about every item in its own box/package. I can usually fill our recycle trash bin (a fairly large plastic thing on wheels) every month with just Amazon packaging.

What's the point? Just goes contrary to what they say is going to happen...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There seems to be little rhyme or reason with Amazon packaging and shipping. I think they spread inventory over so many different warehouse locations it's nearly impossible to ship most things together. Costco does something similar. I placed an order a while ago that included 4-6 items. I think they arrived in four separate boxes.

I recently ordered an item from Amazon that was in a package about 3 feet by 2 inches by 4 inches. To ship this, it was placed, by itself, in a huge box about 5 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet. Extremely bizarre. Since this was a largely empty box, it had become damaged during shipping and I was kind of surprised the small box hadn't fallen/slipped out of the giant box in transit as one end panel was ripped open.

I'd ordered a similar item in the past and they just put the mailing label on the original box/package, no extra box. Not sure why they didn't do the same this time.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Amazon's "Amazon Day" delivery.

I have anywhere from 8-20 items per month on "Subscribe and Save" - all of which are *supposed* to be delivered on the same day - usually my scheduled "Amazon Day." I also will order stuff and just have it, too, scheduled for "Amazon Day" simply because I'm rarely in a hurry for the order and they'll occasionally offer a "digital credit" for using that method.

So... All this stuff is *supposed* to come the same day to save packaging and trucks on the road... They *rarely* use a single box for 2 or more items and the orders *rarely* arrive all on the same day. It's usually spread across a week to week and a half with just about every item in its own box/package. I can usually fill our recycle trash bin (a fairly large plastic thing on wheels) every month with just Amazon packaging.

What's the point? Just goes contrary to what they say is going to happen...
I suppose as long as it looks good on paper…

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I think I managed to trick the Amazon delivery mechanism over the weekend.

I wanted to order a belt and a new pair of jeans, placing the order on Friday. My preference was for the belt to arrive before Monday, but I didn't care when the jeans arrived. When I put them both in the cart at the same time, they gave me an option of $1.50 digital credit for slow shipping on Tuesday. I took the belt out of the cart and got $1 digital credit for slow shipping on the jeans. Then I ordered the belt right after that with regular Prime shipping speed, scheduled for Sunday.

Both items showed up on Sunday.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
(CNN) - Costco is cracking down on membership sharing.

The company is testing a new system requiring shoppers to scan their membership cards when they enter the store.

I don't see how this solves the issue. Scanning the card only verifies that the card belongs to an active account, it doesn't verify that the person walking in the door and scanning the card is the actual member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks