What's new

What Pleases You? (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I know that many of us here, myself included, have little trouble coming up with things that annoy us (Such as the involuntary page shifts that occur, one of which I just encountered! :rolleyes: ), as posted on the "What annoys you" topic.

However, the purpose of this thread is for HTF members to share their positive experiences. These could be included within the framework of an otherwise annoying and/or baffling experience, or else they could stand on their own.

I'll start out with that, in the midst of the headaches associated with having to deal with trying to get the Mrs out of having to attend Jury Duty selection next month, things have finally stabilized with our son, in that he now has a place to move into at the end of this month, and thus, can keep his job in London Ontario!

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
What do you mean by "involuntary page shifts"?
Just as one example, I'll be entering into the text field, or reading a post near the bottom of the page when it suddenly shifts upward to a previous post. Sometimes, it shifts all the way from the bottom post to the top post. Also, this sometimes happens multiple times before the page finally "settles down".

On the positive side, this shifting does eventually stop, until I go to another page or topic! :P

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just as one example, I'll be entering into the text field, or reading a post near the bottom of the page when it suddenly shifts upward to a previous post. Sometimes, it shifts all the way from the bottom post to the top post. Also, this sometimes happens multiple times before the page finally "settles down".

On the positive side, this shifting does eventually stop, until I go to another page or topic! :P

I experience that a lot. Sometimes i'd swear I just breathe on my laptop and it does what it wants to do. Thank goodness for "control z", which usually recovers lost text.

On the positive side, people who stop for me when crossing a street. Guess I live in a nice city where people care about others.

Also the grocery store clerk who calls me "honey". I'm probably ten years older than her, I don't find it insulting, just nice.

With you mentioning headaches, this may be weird, but have never, ever experienced a headache in my entire life (57 years so far). Maybe some odd genetic thing.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Wow! I've just noticed that I haven't posted here in nearly a month!

Here's a few positive highlights as we near the end of March:

- The Mrs didn't have to attend Jury Duty selection, as the entire Jury selection for her day was cancelled. This has saved us much potential headache, financially and mentally speaking!

- Our son is nicely settled in his new living situation, and was recently informed that he is past his employment probationary period.

- Our son was also informed that the hiring pool for a high paying federal position that he is in line for, which had been slated to expire this month, has been extended for another 6 months.

- North Bay has had relatively little snowfall this month. Not having to pick up the shovels these past few weeks has been really nice!

- We were able to bank some funds to help with our anticipated relocation later this year!

P.S. I also just found out this morning that Netflix Canada is getting most of the Monty Python canon next month, which I anticipate will be a great personal sanity saver during our remaining months in the Near North! Laughter is indeed, the best medicine! :)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
GREAT TOPIC!!!

1. Movies - (Even the ones I don't exactly love have something to offer)
  2. Food - (Too much, unfortunately)
  3. Beer - (Same as above)
  4. Motorcycles and cars - (If it's got an engine I want it)
  5. Women - (Hey, my wife doesn't read this stuff so I can get away with this.) :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Warm apple pie
The sound of rain on the window
Beethoven symphonies
Tchaikovsky ballets

Reactions: PMF

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Self-reliant people
Cats
Old Movies
Steak
Bourbon
Cigars

Not bad, but no Bourbon or Cigars. A good Ale, but nothing with smoke, I literally will get sick. 25 foot limit around public buildings here and thankfully all smoking inside is banned. I'll get a breath of fresh air, hold it and walk through the smokers. :D

What pleases me is HTF. Been here almost 19 years :eek: But it's just a wonderful place to talk about things, great moderators who zap the jerks and inappropriate comments. A few ads, but none of that annoying pop-up garbage many other sites use.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
25 foot limit around public buildings here...

How is that enforced?

What pleases me is HTF. Been here almost 19 years :eek: But it's just a wonderful place to talk about things, great moderators who zap the jerks and inappropriate comments..

As Olson Johnson said in Blazing Saddles, "now who can argue with that?"

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I think people are polite, decent and understand the rules.

Really? I'm with the Tommy Lee Jones line in the first Men in Black. "A person..." is polite, decent, etc. "People"? Not as much... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks