What's new

catcher8985

Auditioning
Real Name
John Doe
Welcome to HTF. A pleasure to meet you after all these years, and look forward to your new restoration.

I was not involved in any way.
Thanks for the response! Do you have any idea how the 2012 AMC and 2016 HBO airings of the Epic/Saga/Novel came to be restored and/or upscaled?

FatherDude

Agent
Real Name
Jason
Furthermore, are some of the scenes that did not even make it into the Saga lost forever? I’m thinking of Clemenza’s people roughing up the thugs who hurt Amerigo’s daughter in Part I or Michael killing Fabrizio in his pizzeria with a lupara in Part II.
Wasn't the latter scene also from the first movie? My understanding is that the version they produced for PART II (and what made it into THE GODFATHER SAGA: segment one and segment two) was meant to make up for that loss, only for that too to get deleted because it ended up feeling like what it was: tying up business from the first movie. The version cut from the first movie has indeed never been seen publicly, and all we have are stills:

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
This is going back to an earlier conversation, but concerning the "one point red" issue on the 2008 Blu-rays...

Am I correct in my understanding that the Blu-rays ended up being essentially "one point" more red than the DCPs? Is that based on a 50-point scale, which would translate to about 2% more red? Sorry; I'm not super knowledgeable about photochemical color timing.

And did this affect all three films, or just the first one?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
This is going back to an earlier conversation, but concerning the "one point red" issue on the 2008 Blu-rays...

Am I correct in my understanding that the Blu-rays ended up being essentially "one point" more red than the DCPs? Is that based on a 50-point scale, which would translate to about 2% more red? Sorry; I'm not super knowledgeable about photochemical color timing.

And did this affect all three films, or just the first one?
It’s not enough to make a real difference. Especially on a home theater monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks