What's new

The Sopranos Season 6, Part II - April 2007 (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Bobby was wearing "see-through" type surgical gloves. (or lunchlady gloves)

While I too would have liked to seen more of Paulie and the crew, I thought it was a strong ep overall. Lots of good character moments, especially for Carmella. The monopoly game was high comedy.

My favorite scene was Chris' phone call. "Hey Tony, I wanted to wish you a belated happy birthday" Click

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

You only have to read the first words in the post ("i'm not a gun enthusiast") to understand. I'm always amazed at the "facts" about firedarms that usually have their basis in either anti-gun literature or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. ;)

And you (and others) are correct, there is no big difference in skill between using an auto and a revolver, an "automatic" pistol is actually a semi-auto (99.999% of the time) and the report of the weapon tells you nothing about the action, unless you have really good ears and can hear the slide itself.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I think the point of the shooting was more to highlight what a vindictive prick Tony is, one-upping Bobby by having him go againt his father's wishes for his life and having him murder someone. That's ultimately much more damaging to Bobby than beating him at Monopoly or beating him physically.
Also, I don't see how the sort of gun someone uses makes a cold-blooded murderer any more or less a "pussy..."

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

There is a second reason - yes, Tony is a bastard when it comes to exacting vengeance, despite what Carmella said. The other thing is that if he is indeed going to make Bobby the heir instead of Chris, this could have been a test to make sure he wasn't an informer in the building Rico case.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I loved the irony in the brief discussion about Bobby's grandfather (IIRC) coming into the country illegally and the bit about building a wall to keep out immigrants, while they plan their next illegal activity, etc. etc.
That little part was great.

also...too much Janice. Ugh ! Now there's a golden oppurtunity: Nanny to Bobby and Janice's child.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I was almost falling asleep until they got into it with "The Mistake at the Lake." Now that several battle lines have been drawn between many of the characters (and Bobby has earned his stripes in the laundromat) things are getting a bit more interesting.

Time will tell....

HELLOLARRY

Agent
Real Name
David
Don't you think the hit will come back to bite Bobby though? Remember the discussion they had earlier in the episode about DNA etc when they were fishin' on the boat?

Well, he wasn't wearing gloves and just dropped the gun plus the kid ripped a hunk of his shirt off of him. Maybe that sets something up.

I LOVED the scene when they were playing Monopoly as Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" played in the background. The tension built in perfect synchonization to the song and the payoff was awsome. Only 8 more to go!

Does anyone know if the finale' is going to be more than an hour long or is it going to be a standard episode?

Someone mentioned on the radio over the weekend that in 10 years since it premiered, its only produced 6 seasons worth of episodes and I think when all is said and done, we'll have a total number of shows under 100.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

Me too...

Another great humor scene for me was Bobby explaining how using the assault rifle to hunt deer would "unsportsmanlike" and his further explaination about how he's been using a bow and arrow the last couple of years to "level the playing field."

:D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That was a great conversation about illegals entering the country. That was one of my favorite moments of this episode. It was also the first new episode that I have seen in HD. It was great.

RyanTSI

Agent
Real Name
Ryan MacInnis
Bobby was wearing gloves when he made the hit. And there will be something happen with the bullet. It was in the dryer and bobby probably was handling the bullets a day or so before then

Real Name
Brian Timmermeister
I thought Bobby was wearing some kind of thin rubber or latex gloves, but he did leave behind that hunk of shirt which would have had his DNA on it from chest hair and sweat.

That could come back to get him, but this is the Sopranos where things don't always work that way. I've been waiting quite a few years for the Russian to show up and get his revenge on Paulie.

When Tony and Bobby were fishing in the boat and they showed a view of them from the shore, through the trees, I kept expecting the camera to pull back and show that that was where the FBI guys were watching them from with a parabolic microphone, but that didn't happen either.

Joe S

Second Unit
Good to have the show back. Really looks like a lot of things are being set up for payoff.

Had to laugh when Janice was telling Carmela about her ex-boyfriend.
Was there any significance to the song "Killer Joe" by The Rocky Fellers? Hadn't heard that one in a long time.

Was that a duck that flew by Tony as he was sitting by the water?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching the show in HD the past 3 seasons and last night's episode was easily the best looking one I've seen yet, mostly because of the great lake views. :emoji_thumbsup:

RonR

Stunt Coordinator
Finally caught the episode tonight and I liked it. I was wondering what happened to AJ's construction job as well. Looks like episode 2 will be good...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks