What's new

The Sopranos Season 6, Part II - April 2007 (1 Viewer)

RyanTSI

Agent
Real Name
Ryan MacInnis
Imagine that. After 6 seasons of bloodshed Tony is just driving along in his Escalade and gets nailed by a transfer truck. The end

Oh Jesus the amount of people that would be angry

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

Mind you it's been a while so I'm not sure of the specific episode. I can say it's one of the first three episodes. And I can remember exactly what was happening in the scene. Tony was eating ice cream while Carmela was asking him to sign a series of insurance papers.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Has anyone seen the new promos for the last half of season 6?

Who is that doing the cover of "Paint it Black"?

What great version!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
According to the message boards at HBO.com it's done by Eric Burden & War and is on "Eric Burdon- Sings The Animals Greatest Hits". The guy that posted that might be a crackhead so don't quote me. :)

Both commercials are on HBO.com and they rock.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So do we know for sure that even if David Chase plans on wrapping this thing up, that he actually will? I thought I remember hearing something about the true ending actually happening on the big screen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

As I have said before, I do not expect there to be a "wrap up" for the series. Nor do I think there will be a strong sense of closure. I've heard Chase say he doesn't care for conventional storytelling (and the last two seasons of the Sopranos have been anything but). I would expect there to be a "life goes on" ending.

I also do not expect a resolution for Tony. No jail, and no death. Chase has said the Sopranos wasn't welcomed by networks that were looking for the sort of shows that just reinforce your belief in authority figures (cops, laywers, doctors, presidents), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sopranos ended in a way that did not scream "crime doesn't pay!"

I'll be disappointed if it does.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm okay with an "unconventional" ending, but it would be nice to get some closure, even if it doesn't have to do with Tony. Perhaps a more realistic ending that would satisfy a lot of people would be something like Tony having to kill off Christopher.

But I agree, this thing's gonna end with Tony sitting in a lawn chair by the pool smoking a cigar.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I could see that. I could also see the last shot being Tony walking down the driveway in his bathrobe and picking up the newspaper.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Bummer, just saw the promo and now they say 9 episodes. At one point I thought they were saying 10 episodes, back about 5 or 6 months ago.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

No. Back then there were only supposed to be 8 episodes, but Chase had a new idea which allowed for one additional episode to be filmed.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking they might end it like the way that The Godfather began- with the wedding of the don's daughter. Although they may skip that for the exact reason that it would be too Godfather-esque.

Although I love the idea of it ending with Tony getting the paper since they skipped that at the beginning of the season (if I remember correctly) or the return of the ducks.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Or combine it. He get's the paper, and when he's walking into the kitchen, he see's the ducks returning.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
No matter how many times this show has let me down the last few seasons, I can't help but get excited when I see a trailer like this. I really hope they have saved their best for last and that these final 9 episodes recapture the glory days of The Sopranos. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks