What's new

The Practice - And then there were three... (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Since they moved it back to Sunday nights after Alias, I'll give the revamped cast a chance. BTW, why hasn't this show been considered for a DVD release?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Kelly has had too many balls in the air. Aside from everything else (the article mentions the increasingly outrageous plots), I though that much of the writing was embarrassingly bad the last couple of seasons.

Anything they do will be an improvement—and if not, well the series was doomed so long as it kept to the current course.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Kelley shoulders some of the blame: After a few seasons of increasingly outrageous plots, he now seems ready to re-embrace the show's earlier focus on moral and ethical quandaries while adding some humor
Emphasis mine.

What I emphasized is exactly what the show has been missing, especially the HUMOR. Without those elements, it's just another court room drama.

That said, I don't think they're going to fare well without McDermott. Bobby IS the practice.

--
Holadem

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Well, Bobby did leave the firm at the end of the season, his wife was leaving him and at her own firm, and it's not like any of the other fired characters can't be written out easily.

So in other words, they didn't make changes that were too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks