What's new

The Official Star Wars Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought when I was listening to the CD, there was things that seemed out of place or different. Even though I don’t know the score inside out, it wasn’t matching the movie.

I’m so used to having film score CDs that have the tracks in the same order they appear in the film and using the same tracks. And the Bond scores can be a little frustrating as they combine tracks and are not always in the order they appear in the film.

But in the case of this Star Wars box set, it is great they included all the tracks as recorded. It would have been cool had the actual tracks been edited as it was in the film on another CD bonus. :)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Those Star Wars cds were from 25 years ago and a time when "complete soundtrack presentations" were fairly uncommon. They also haven't aged well, especially Return of the Jedi (which is taken from inferior sources and is actually missing music). So the budget only existed for the original compositions with the occasional compromise such as the rescored Imperial Probe and Emperor Arrives music appearing in parts of the film they were not going to be in originally.

Besides Sony actually did do a "film edit" version of Episode I due to the lack of a complete finished score and...it was...not great.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Besides Sony actually did do a "film edit" version of Episode I due to the lack of a complete finished score and...it was...not great.

Indeed. As nice as it was to have some of the additional music from Phantom Menace, the presentation is frustrating. Of course, the prequels in general had a lot more tracking and re-editing of the music going on than the original trilogy, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks