What's new

Press Release Russell Garcia’s Remastered Rescore of THE TIME MACHINE Soundtrack - Now Shipping! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
cover.jpg

Russell Garcia’s Remastered Rescore of THE TIME MACHINE Soundtrack - Now Shipping!

The music from George Pal’s Academy Award®-winning classic The Time Machine is perhaps composer

Russell Garcia’s most well-known work. Garcia created a thrilling symphonic score bursting with a sense

of wonder and adventure. Now after 35 years since the initial vinyl/CD release, this beloved score returns

in an upgraded stereo remastered collectors edition with previously unreleased tracks. This is Russell

Garcia’s personal re-recording of his breathtaking music which he conducted with the celebrated 60-piece

Graunke Symphony Orchestra in Munich, Germany.

The CD will come in a jewel case with a 20-page color collectors booklet that features background,

photos, and an exclusive interview with Russell Garcia. Cover and graphic design by Jim Titus. Liner

notes by Producer Arnold Leibovit.

Russell Garcia (1916-2011) was a tremendously prolific composer and orchestrator in television and film.

His career featured stops at NBC, MGM, and Universal., while his numerous colleagues and collaborators

included such luminaries as Judy Garland, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Mel Tormé, John Williams,

Charlie Chaplin, Orson Welles, and Walt Disney. His greatest and most inventive work, however, is likely

the score he did for George Pal’s 1960 classic The Time Machine based on the H.G. Wells novel.

The music is a fantastic mix of dynamism and romanticism that is both beautiful and uplifting. In Garcia’s

inspired hands, we can hear the loving themes of Filby and The Time Traveler (their friendship comes

alive through the ages), the glorious Time Machine (a mechanism we fully believed could perform the

fantastic), and the beautiful and terrifying Wellsian worlds of the Eloi and the Morlocks – rekindled with

a resonance both heartbreaking and unforgettable.

In 1987, this was a landmark re-recording of The Time Machine as it was the first time full music release

of Russell Garcia’s The Time Machine. Now, his brilliant composition is back, remastered from the

original digital stereo elements. Several tracks that were edited out of the last release have been restored

as Garcia originally recorded it. The rescored bonus Suite from Atlantis, The Lost Continent Garcia wrote

for George Pal’s 1961 production is also included.

This release has benefitted from the cooperation of the Garcia family who are are planning a tribute

concert to Russell Garcia at The Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.

Arnold Leibovit has devoted much of his life to the preservation and promotion of George Pal’s amazing

film legacy. To that end, he produced and directed the documentary The Fantasy Film Worlds of George

Pal and The Puppetoon Movie and its two follow-up releases The Puppetoon Movie Volume 2 and The

Puppetoon Movie Volume 3 currently in production. He also served as Executive Producer for Warner

Bros. and DreamWorks’ 2002 remake of The Time Machine starring Guy Pearce and Jeremy Irons.

Leibovit is quite proud and grateful to be able to bring Russell Garcia’s greatest score, from George Pal’s

greatest film, back to an eager audience.

This sensational limited edition should excite music collectors everywhere. Now Shipping!

For more details, sample tracks and to order: https://puppetoon.net/products/timemachine

time.png

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Love this music. I already own both the original soundtrack recording (now being supplanted) and the re-recording.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, check out the back cover of the 1987 GNP Crescendo edition: same tracks, same bonus material, same running time. And this was the actual soundtrack recording, not a re-recording. Your post must simply be a remastered edition of the GNP disc.

1645763921193.png

PUPPETOON

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arnie
Well, check out the back cover of the 1987 GNP Crescendo edition: same tracks, same bonus material, same running time. And this was the actual soundtrack recording, not a re-recording. Your post must simply be a remastered edition of the GNP disc.

To the contrary this is a remastered version of the score I produced with Russell Garcia with previously unreleased tracks that were either edited, replaced or manipulated in the Crescendo release by way of cuts, substitution of tracks, speed, pitch and timing changes. This CD is a faithful reproduction of what was originally recorded and mastered by Russell Garcia in Munich Germany. It is the artists' version as Garcia intended it. Sonically identical to the original digital stereo files where nothing was altered. Timing of tracks are not the same in every case. Plus this version comes with a 20-page color collectors booklet, with an exclusive interview with Garcia, graphic design by Jim Titus and my liner notes - Arnold Leibovit

cover back.jpg

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

Note that it says "Original Score" and not "Original Soundtrack." 99 times out of 100 that indicates a re-recording.

This expanded re-release of the Garcia re-recording looks great, looking forward to it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw this show up on the Film Score Monthly website and I was confused at first. I also own the 1987 Talking Rings Record GNP Crescendo re-recording. That is a nice disc. And then found the 2005 Film Score Monthly Golden Age Classics Original Motion Picture Soundtrack score. So I was very excited to get the actual recording used in the movie. I prefer to buy and own the actual recording. One can re-live the film in one‘s mind while listening. So I’ve very much enjoyed that disc.

The Joel McNeely re-recordings of Bernard Herrmann Hitchcock scores are pretty good, but they just aren’t the same. After I re-read the information on this new The Time Machine release, I can appreciate the effort. The big difference here and with the 1987 release is it’s actually done with the composer. So while it’s not the same as the original film recording, it is done by the actual composer. So I’m kind of curious to check this out.

I do like the new artwork a lot!

PUPPETOON

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arnie
Nice article by Carl Roberts, editor of the sensational pop culture/entertainment website Future of the Force. Carl is a devoted fan of all things Star Wars, Marvel, D.C., Indiana Jones movies and no surprise has been a lifelong fan of George Pal's "The Time Machine" and composer Russell Garcia's incredible score.

The-Time-Machine-Remastered-Soundtrack-Featured.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

To the contrary this is a remastered version of the score I produced with Russell Garcia with previously unreleased tracks that were either edited, replaced or manipulated in the Crescendo release by way of cuts, substitution of tracks, speed, pitch and timing changes. This CD is a faithful reproduction of what was originally recorded and mastered by Russell Garcia in Munich Germany. It is the artists' version as Garcia intended it. Sonically identical to the original digital stereo files where nothing was altered. Timing of tracks are not the same in every case. Plus this version comes with a 20-page color collectors booklet, with an exclusive interview with Garcia, graphic design by Jim Titus and my liner notes - Arnold Leibovit

View attachment 129633

Many thanks for the correction. I had not known all that about the GNP release. I look forward to your disc, and appreciate your efforts to get it out here.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Was delivered today and I’m listening to it right now. The remastering is terrific with excellent dynamics, the disc is beautifully packaged. This upgrade is worth it all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks