What's new

The Office: Season Four (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Great premiere!

I loved how the show was darker than most.

Michael's speech before the run was great, about "look into the face of Rabies" and turns over a picture of Meredith then says "you should be afraid of this face"

and also Michael's news about Meredith being hit by the car, "The doctors did everything they could, and she's going to be alright"
Then Stanley's reaction to Michael.

I hope more episodes are in darker tone like this one.

Support rabies, and pick up "support the rabid" bracelet and T-shirt(like in the show) at NBC
http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/ind...v=nbunbcnowoff

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Man, I am such a sucker for merchandise sometimes. I bought that Best Buy box of season 3 to get the Dundie award and the mini bobblehead. The "support the rabid" bracelet, the "Schrute Farms Beets" shirt and the Schrute Buck shirt are pretty cool...

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I have The Dwight Schrute bobblehead and a Dunder Mifflin hoodie that I love to wear the day after an episode.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Dude, put down the crack pipe. Seriously. Have you ever seen the show before? Michael is always "too much", that's his character. As for Pam, it's the best Jenna has ever looked on the show and I think it was done intentionally to show how much happier she is with her life now that she's in a good relationship. Look at how she dressed and fixed her hair when she was with Roy and contrast that now that she's with Jim. Huge difference.

This episode had a ton of great stuff, but I will agree with Dave that the Angela/Dwight subplot wasn't that funny. It provided some great lines from Dwight(of course), but overall it was the weakest part of the show IMHO. T

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm sorry, but this show as an hour just doesn't work for me. I enjoyed it, and definitely got some laughs, but an hour long is just too much. By the end I felt like I had run the 5k.

And for the record, I much prefer the dark, twisted and absurd aspects of the show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That was pretty funny episode(s). From Dunder Mifflin's website (Coming Christmas 2002) to Kelly's 'pregnancy' to Creed's attempts to appear younger to Ryan impressing people with seeing Vince Vaughan were all good. About the only thing I didn't like was Michael driving into a lake which is too ridiculous to believe.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Even though Ryan carried through the whole episode tonight, I could feel at the halfway point where it will be split into half for syndication. Both halves work pretty autonomously.

Some classic really awkward moments tonight, like Toby and PB&J at his cubicle, Ryan asking out Pam, and of course the gift basket thing at the end.

I LOVED Michael driving into the lake. The reveal came with Dwight talking right as the lake fills the windshield. The follow up comment about renter's insurance being pretty important right now was a great follow-up laugh.

It was also nice to see Jan deliver sound professional knowledge to Michael in his office.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As a Pennsylvanian, I like that they have little PA touches like having Herr's potato chips in the vending machine since they're in Scranton. It's such a weird detail, I can't believe that anyone working on the show would even think of it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I love it any time Ryan is taken down a notch. He's such an ass.

Cash basket!

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
The look on Ryan's face when Pam tells him she's dating Jim and then the camera pans towards Jim was classic.

Michael's "That's what she said" list.

Anything Creed.

I got a date!

Few other laughs but didn't really LOL much this episode.

Poor Toby!!!!

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
OK. Another darker episode - or maybe I'm just not used to these characters being tossed so relentlessly into these new, odd, dare I say "sitcom" situations. I can't quite put my finger on it - almost as if it's trying harder to capture the scripted tone of a show like "30 Rock" or "My Name is Earl", rather than the naturalistic tone is struck so well its first couple seasons.

The Dwight and Angela interactions have never made me laugh, and have never entertained me, although those two characters on their own I find very funny. Together they just seem so scripted.

This episode was full of brilliant little moments - and I mean FULL. Kevin calling Jim "tuna", Ryan's David-Brent like cocky expressions, Creed's "young dude" routine in the break room, Dwight's crying in the car ("crying Dwight" is hilarious), and Michael's "crazed" expression when he goes back to "reclaim" the basket... still cracks me up thinking about that.

And this episode was AWKWARD. Toby's memo and subsequent talk with Jim and Pam... ugh... Phyllis getting all catty about "receptionist favoritism"... Ryan asking out Pam (hey, he's always been a pompous jerk, we KNEW he had this inner bastard waiting to burst out after years of being under Michael) ...

Anyone think they're setting up Ryan for a fall? Anyone think he's going to start dating Karen? Man, please don't let this show be just another show consisting mainly of criss-crossing romantic relationships.

The broader strokes, as usual, were the weakest. Angela and Dwight's (looong) talks, their restaurant breakup, driving the car into the lake... Michael's breakdown in his old client's office was amazing, though...

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Wow, this season is starting out strong! Another great episode(s).

I too loved Michael running his car into the lake based on the GPS directions. I have a GPS navigational system in my wife's car, and while it's usually great, there is the occasional time when it says to do something that a little human observation would clearly indicate not to do.

I also loved the use of the Crackberries. Not everyone in my company has them, but enough do, and that blank, distracted look on people's faces as they text out an e-mail to someone is very real. I liked the conversation between Phyllis and Stanley about learning to use the Crackberry. "How do you just press one button?"

Poor Toby. "Let's just wait and see," when Pam and Jim wanted to fill out a love document. And his memo at the top of the show about PDAs. "That must have been your way of congratulating us." Yeah...

I always love Mindy aka Kelly when she gets screen time. I loved the tone of her voice when she told the camera she had a date, after telling Ryan she was pregnant. And then when he found out she lied and asked how she figured he wouldn't be upset and that "they" were over, and she said "Whyyy!" And when Ryan suggested that they could downsize her and outsource her job to India. And yes, she's Indian, and it's confusing. And wow, she looked hot in that polka dot dress.

I enjoyed the reuse of the "Big" photo.

Did the view outside Michael's office window during his interview scenes look different?

I really wanted Michael's old-school business tactics to work. :-(

Creed's dyed hair cracked me up.

Great season so far...

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
OK, I just rewatched it and the first half hour was better that the last half in terms of laughter.

Regarding the dundermifflininfinity.com commercial at the end. Only young people were in it, including Pam and Jim. Ok, Michael was there but he doesn't look that old yet.

Ar3d

Auditioning
Real Name
Ared
I like this TV show is all about the daily lives of office employees in the Scranton, Pennsylvania branch of the fictitious Dunder Mifflin Paper Company..

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Wow, after only a few weeks at Corporate, Ryan has completely transformed into a d*****bag. He's already outdone Jan at her worst. I wonder how much they're paying him, because Kevin kept referring to Ryan as being "rich," and I never thought of Jan as "rich" when she held the position.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am rooting for Ryan. I hate Michael's character and would love to see him leave the show. I know, I know, that would never happen. He is the "main" character. I just hate his whole personality. I guess that means that Steve C. is a good actor. :)

Ryan was abused for a long time. He deserves to get in a few licks.

Kelly looked really bad in this episode. She is not really aging very well.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Actually, Ryan starting showing that side of him last season when Jim moved to the other branch and he stopped being "The Temp."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks