What's new

The Office: Season Four (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

As much as I love how great Carell is in the role of Michael Scott, I don't know if anything will ever top Ricky Gervais' brilliant portrayal of David Brent. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Tonight's episode truly felt like a one hour episode. Not just 2 half hour episodes back to back. Like last week, the first half was really funny and the second half did feel a little meaner. However, I still liked it overall.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Kevin's description of "Pizza by Alfredo" had me literally gasping for breath with laughter:

"It's like eating a HOT CIRCLE OF GARBAGE."
It's hard to believe I wasn't a big fan of his character when this show first aired. He steals a lot of scenes.

Apart from the "kidnapping", this episode was more "realistic" - a great return to the "actual office" for this show. (Was VERY happy about Michael misunderstanding the "invitation") We need more episodes like this. Rainn Wilson was particularly good tonight... it's weird to say, considering the extremity of his character, but he showed quite a lot of range. Dwight was a mess. And it definitely felt more like a cohesive hour rather than two episodes sandwiched together.

Despite taking a U-turn away from documentary realism [last week's lake incident left a weird taste in my mouth], Season 4's humor so far is a little darker and maybe a bit meaner, but I can't really say I disapprove.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Loved Dwight's intense consumption of the New York sushi. Nice subtle physical comedy touch.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Since no one mentioned it yet. Jenna looked extremely hot this last episode. Angela is also looking delicious too.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I thought it was pretty cool how Pam felt sorry for Dwight via her "computer message" at the end of the sales competition when Angela dumped on him.

Nice.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good episode Thursday. It was a lot more seamless than last week. You can tell the place they're going to split it for reruns and syndication is when Angela walks out of Michael's office.Me too. It's nice when the show pulls back just a hair and reminds you these people are human beings. I also loved the roof scenes between Jim and Pam.

I actually thought Michael's "shout out" to Ryan was well-played. It did exactly what he wanted it to: embarrass the shit out of Ryan.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Ryan may take that "embarrassment" and turn it into a positive. In the end, it caused the humans to be more competitive thus turning in more sales overall.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
... except for the fact that Ryan is pissing of people in NY already. The guy whose office he was using, plus the guy coming up to Michael and Dwight outside the party congratulating them on embarrassing Ryan. Methinks Ryan might be taking a one-way trip back to Scranton...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Kidnapping the pizza delivery kid was a little over the top even for The Office. I know the point Michael was trying to make by doing it, but I still don't think it worked that well from a comedy standpoint. Aside from that I thought it was a pretty good episode. The stuff with Dwight and the computer was hillarious as was Michael's imitation of Ryan at the end. I do think, however, the show is better in its' original format rather than these hour long episodes. The full hour just doesn't seem as "tight" as the half hour ones, but that's just me nit-picking. :)

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Wow, that episode was sweet. In a good way. Jim and Pam's first night away together (and involving Dwigt and manure). Jim's little pep talk to crying Dwigt. Andy's gift to Angela. Michael failing as a telemarketing salesman, but actually making friends on the job. Daryl getting excited when Ryan comes around...

I loved the bit about which is correct: whoever or whomever. I loved that Kevin knew the answer but wasn't telling.

It was so Michael for him to struggle to jump onto a train just as it... stops.

Poor Dwigt. I liked the hallway scene with him and Jim, and loved that Dwigt reached over to hug Jim after Jim had already left.

Meredith playing Solitaire on her computer without even trying to hide it from Michael.

Creed! Bankruptcy. I loved Michael coming out and yelling "Bankruptcy!" as a declaration. Oscar was great trying to help him through it.

And Pam. Wow, the new Pam, the confident Pam. The scene in the non-B-and-B with her and Jim and cuddling listening to the bedtime story... If I were a fictional character, I would want to be Jim Halpert, I can tell you that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks