Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
According to B.J. Novak.. it's not her.

From Office Tally...

B.J. Novak answers ‘Chair Model’ questions
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008

Q. Who played the chair model? | Sarah

Q. Was the woman in the chair model photo supposed to look like Jan? | Amelia

A. We held a brief audition on set for the role of the chair model. It was a joint audition, actually; we auditioned a few people for the chair model, and also a few for the young blonde woman in the coffee shop whom Michael falsely assumes is his blind date.

The chair model was supposed to be pretty, definitely, and perhaps even prettier than your average model; but that’s the extent of it. Not the kind of person who’d make you stop everything you’re doing at work. She was meant to look like the type of woman that an idealist, such as Michael, might mistake for “just your average single girl.” It’s more about Michael realizing he wants to start dating than it is about that one specific woman. Dwight, the most literal minded person at the office, takes the request the most literally.

I guess she looks a little like Jan in a way, but not in a way that occurred to us when we cast her.

------

He answers a lot more questions than that in the Q&A. If you're a big Office fan, you should definitely be visiting OfficeTally.com regularly. The girl who runs it just got back from a set visit and posted tons of photos. Great stuff.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
LOL at Pam's pass into Meredith's face at point blank range. Pretty funny episode, overall. Tobey's surprise announcement was a WTF moment, but worthy of laugh.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I totally bought the Toby reaction. I bought it so much that I had hide my face behind my hands and watch the rest of the scene through my fingers. He got caught, panicked, and overreacted. I hope that really was PL jumping the fence.

About Jim's non-reaction, I think he was so shocked at what Toby did, that he couldn't do anything.

I gotta admit that if I was in Dwight's shoes, I wouldn't take one for the team. I would've left Michael and Ryan and hooked up with the "Amazon" woman. Tall, drop dead gorgeous blonde? Right up my alley!

Pam throwing the football in Meredith's face was hilarious. I was laughing hard for a good 30 seconds! TWSS!

I figured once I saw Ryans hands twitching like crazy that he was high on coke. I wonder if he's going to head up the office in the spin off, The Office: South Central L.A.? ;) :)

ETA to add the first thing I thought of: Wouldn't entering the phone sales as Internet sales be illegal?

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I thought it was going to be E as soon as he hugged the two of them when they showed up.

As for the second question... not the first time a company has stretched the truth to appear better. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Dwight defeating his own chances with the girl in the bar was hilarious.

I liked Meredith's face after getting hit with the football.

Ryan was alot cooler when he was doing cocaine. His small (but probably insanely expensive since it's in New York City) apartment was a nice touch.

I had to chuckle when Michael said that he's been watching The Wire but doesn't know what the characters are saying. I've had a couple of people say the same thing to me when I ask if they watch the show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So did my roommate.:)

The most telling moment for me was when Michael and Dwight showed up at the club. They find Ryan and he's so happy to see them that Michael assumes he's mistaking them for other people. One of those times when it's evident that Michael isn't oblivious just so desperate that he does what he does anyway.

My favorite moment of the whole episode the last scene when Hank (props to Creed!) shows up to find the empty parking lot.

Least favorite moment: When a banner add for Tina Fey's new movie covered the bottom half of the screen. Last week it was Forgetting Sarah Marshall, this week it's Baby Mama. How long until we have ads for Dove moisturizer scrolling across the bottom of the screen during the show? And I wish they'd stop switching up which corner of the screen they put the network bug in. I'd trained my brain to filter out the bottom right corner.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark

And it's not just a network bug anymore on NBC. It always includes an ad for an upcoming show. They are the only network that does this on all their shows. Of the big 4 broadcast networks, I have never seen it on CBS, occasionally on ABC, and I don't recall seeing this on Fox which really surprises me. I'm sure it is the result of the DVR world. Since we always skip thru commercials, this is the only way they can promote their shows.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I think this episode confirms my prediction that Ryan will suffer a "downfall" soon and end up back in Scranton under Michael's supervision again. He obviously has a drug problem, and his website idea is shaping up to be a complete disaster. This is precisely the direction I wan to see the Ryan storyline go.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
"Dwights says that if he is dead, that means we all would have been dead for weeks"

That just about made me fall off the couch!

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Yeah, but most of us aren't LIKE Dwight, thank God. We have a CLUE.

Tall, blonde, gorgeous, and unquestionably interested in at least hooking up with me? The rest of the world would just melt away, and any of my friends would understand completely (or more likely completely c***block me with the assumption that "if she's into HIM, she'd be into ME).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

That has to be one of my favorite lines EVER on this show. I laughed so hard I was almost crying. Overall, this was a great episode and was a huge improvement over last week's IMHO. :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just want to chime in and say that this episode, Night Out
was SO much better than the last two episodes.

lots of great lines and situations.

very satisfied:)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Man, it's funny how different the opinions are of fans of this show. I didn't care for this episode at all. But yes, that Dwight line was hilarious and probably the best line of the season.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I also lost it when Dwight was talking to Ryan's friend: "you resemble a Tolkien character", "do you live in a normal size house" and "do you have powers". Also, when Michael said he was going to NY to get laid and Dwight said "with sex". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks