The New SVS PB12-Plus settings....need help

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by stud_wit_style, Jul 5, 2009.

1. stud_wit_style

After a lot of research I decided to go with the SVS PB12-Plus, it seemed to fit better with what I'm looking for. My next question is what are the settings i should go with. I dont have any fancy equipment to help me find the proper settings.

Reciever: Onkyo TX-SR606
    Center Channel: Kef Q9c
    Front: Kef Q7
    Rear: Kef Q1
    Blu-Ray Player: Oppo BDP83 (on order)

This is in my living room. So I have a hallway coming off this room, my front door, and a door size opening leading into the kitchen. I will also point out that I am currently renting. I would say with in 12 months I will own a different house. My next house will have a room dedicated for my home theater.

Room size:
    18'-6" x 12'-4" x 8" (approx. 1,820 ft^3)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    The only 'fancy' tool you need is a Radio Shack analog SPL meter. It's about $40. If your receiver has build in calibration and a mic, you can start with that. The SPL meter and some test tones (free) will help you determine proper sub placement as well as if you need additional EQ.

-Robert

3. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    The 606 uses Audyssey. Set the sub to bypass and the phase to 0. Audyssey will take care of the rest. Put the mic on a tripod and use all 3 positions. Check the Audyssey Thread here in the Receivers/Seperates/Amps forum for detailed instructions and tips.