What's new

The Mega Horror Tournament (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Argh! Two of my favorite guilty pleasures matched against each other! Deep Rising gets my vote, just because Treat Williams is cool and that one "eating scene". (Fans of the movie know what I'm talking about. ;)
Next matchup is tough. One really FUN b-horror haunted house flick against an intriguing, but ultimately quite silly, 'rapist ghost' flick...
I'll go with House.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
RESIDENT EVIL (with the lovely Milla Jovovich) wallops DEEP RISING (with the lovely Famke Janssen) with a 6-2 victory. In a closer matchup, THE ENTITY takes out the cheeseball classic, HOUSE with a score of 6-4. I loved both films about equally, but I thought HOUSE would be the more popular of the two.
ROUND 1, MATCH 5
---------------------------
THE FUNHOUSE
VS.
LIFEFORCE
ROUND 1, MATCH 6
---------------------------
THE BLOB (remake)
VS.
DEMONS
In the battle of the two Tobe Hooper films, I choose the extremely underrated classic, THE FUNHOUSE. I love this film, and its as underrated as they come in my opinion. While I really love DEMONS, I've gotta go with one of my favorite remakes, the excellent THE BLOB (remake).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hooper Brawl: Despite Lifeforce's nonstop nudity and the wacky performance by Jean-Luc Picard, my vote goes to The Funhouse. Not to be redundant, but it's fun!
Matchup 2 is damn tough. I'm a big fan of The Blob, but Demons is a damn clever and insanely gory 'zombies-in-a-movie-theater' buffet. Kevin Dillon's obnoxiousness breaks the tie: Demons gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks