What's new

The Mega Horror Tournament (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
THE RELIC knocks THINNER out of the tournament with a huge 14-1 victory, while HALLOWEEN 2 slashes its way past FRIDAY THE 13TH part 2 with an 11-3 win.
ROUND 1, MATCH 11
----------------------------
THE BEAST WITHIN
VS.
SOCIETY
ROUND 1, MATCH 12
CUJO
VS.
WAXWORK
My votes: While THE BEAST WITHIN is a fun B movie with some excellent cicada monster effects, I have to vote for a HUGE favorite of mine, the underrated classic, SOCIETY. Now, WAXWORK is a great little homage to horror films of the past, but it can't match the sheer realistic terror and dread found in the film that I call a masterpiece, CUJO which obviously gets my vote.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I've seen all four! OK, I haven't seen The Beast Within since like 1987, but I do remember it being goopy.
Society
Waxwork (but Cujo would devour Waxwork 2!)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The superb SOCIETY triumphs over the fun THE BEAST WITHIN with a 2-1 victory, while the awesome CUJO barks at the underrated WAXWORK, thus scaring it out of the tourney with a 6-3 win.
ROUND 1, MATCH 13
-----------------------------
THEY LIVE
VS.
CREEPSHOW
ROUND 1, MATCH 14
NEAR DARK
VS.
LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM
My votes: CREEPSHOW is a very cool anthology flick from the great George Romero and Stephen King, but Carpenter's undeniably classic THEY LIVE gets my vote. Carpenter is the master in my book, and this film is one of his best. Now, while LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM is a superb and darkly humorous adaptation of the Bram Stoker tale, I have to vote for NEAR DARK, which is quite possibly my favorite vampire film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks