What's new

The Last Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray You Watched (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Edit: I've actually seen that comparison site, though when I click on it, I only see an extremely zoomed-in image from the Kino disc -- is there something else I need to click on to compare it to the Arrow?
If you left click on the image, you can toggle between the 2 releases.
There are 5 comparisons in total. (you can pick the other screenshot comparisons from the top where it says "comparison").
The Arrow has much better grain structure indeed and different (more convincing?) gamma.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
If you left click on the image, you can toggle between the 2 releases.
There are 5 comparisons in total. (you can pick the other screenshot comparisons from the top where it says "comparison").
The Arrow has much better grain structure indeed and different (more convincing?) gamma.
I'll have a look...thanks.

Edit: Indeed, I see the tighter grain and the changes to the gamma when it's zoomed-in; I'm not certain, as I stated, this would make a difference at my seating distance from a 65-inch screen. As it stands, I don't have any issues with the Kino transfer's grain or the way the gamma presents (some have complained about some blown-out highlights on the Kino transfer's HDR pass, but I don't really see it; there is an issue during the scene when Matthew is speaking to Nimoy's character on the rooftop wherein the color in Sutherland's face gets weird as he moves, but other than that, I never really picked up on any overt issues with this release).

My display's sharpness is correctly set at "0" on the scale, which is correct for a Samsung being that at this level, no over-sharpening is introduced -- I bring this up because the sharpness control would normally be the adjustment parameter that would overtly affect noise, grain and other issues in the image. Further, I am running no noise reduction on my player or display when viewing UHD Blu-rays (some is applied during DVD and BD playback due to the upscaling being done).

Last edited:

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
09aa178c-cb9e-46bc-868b-8a541a91f3a0.1f4eeec63dd64d639518faa46f8b05db.jpeg
f1a7a045-d99b-43d3-a64a-37010f526860.dac820ec0e1df20497fd658ee4524789.jpeg

hwu17kv1ls0b1.gif

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
REWATCH OF 2003 DIRECTOR'S CUT TO TEST FOR RESUME PLAYBACK ISSUES - PART 2 (RESUME FUNCTION WORKED ON THIS CUT)

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks