What's new

The Guns of Will Sonnet: Complete Series (CBS MOD) (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
They are using the exact box art from the Timeless 2013 re-release, with the TMG logo erased.

And the runtime listed, 1098 minutes for 50 episodes would be about 22 minutes each. Uncut would be 25 minutes and 30 seconds. So, doesn't look good for uncut episodes, if that's accurate. But maybe they were just copying the runtime info from the Timeless box.

Still nice to find out CBS is still active with DVD releases. Thanks, Brad.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Yes, thanks very much for the heads up. I really enjoyed this series even though it was butchered timewise. It was kinda slow and steady, just like Walter Brennan. And just the other day I was thinking I might start cycling through the series again. It would be awesome if CBS was releasing unedited versions, but the runtime doesn't sound promising.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
As far as we know, uncut episodes would demand that CBS strike new transfers. I would dearly love it to happen, as this show is well worth it. But we're left to doubt that because these bums don't bother to give us any details! If they just roll-out the dreadful, faded and fuzzy edited KingWorld syndication transfers again, I say damn them to hell!

I have both the TMG complete series sets of Guns of Will Sonnet and Chuck Connors' Branded. Both were derived from cut syndication tape transfers that had to be 40 or more years old! I've always thought that Branded looked better than Guns of Will Sonnet, and Branded has wonderful bonus features, great interviews with creator Larry Cohen that are a blast! Timeless had to chose between this dog's breakfast or nothing at all.

I took these screen caps from S1E26 A Fool and His Money (Mar. 8, 1968), guest starring Heather Angel, Paul Brinegar and Nina Shipman...I agree that cutting 2:30 or so was too often fatal to story cohesion...
Novak Tower 26.JPG

Novak Tower 25.JPG

Still, it does seem hopeful in and of itself that CBS MOD has been resurrected.

Last edited:

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I suppose Branded with Chuck Connors will be released sometime in the future from CBS MOD, old KW transfers from severely cut prints just like TGOWS!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
oldtvshowbuff,

The first season (if you don’t already have it and know) was from tape transfers made in the 80’s. It was unrestored, but watchable and unedited. I’d take that over nothing, if the CBS MOD department was indeed resurrected and distributing new material.

John

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The cut episodes are unwatchable. Most episodes at 21-22 minutes end up being a incoherent mess. One of the worst tv on dvd sets I have ever owned.
I find them annoying but I wouldn't say unwatchable. Its still a good show which has been treated terribly. Who even knows where the masters are at this point for this and Branded.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I find them annoying but I wouldn't say unwatchable. Its still a good show which has been treated terribly. Who even knows where the masters are at this point for this and Branded.

THE GUNS OF WILL SONNETT​

Series Notes​

Select a season Season: Season Unknown
Number of Episodes Available
Number of Seasons Aired
Years Produced
1967-1969
Network Carried On
ABC

This series is closed-captioned for syndication and is mono only. This series does not currently have Latin American Spanish tracks. This series has not been transferred into HD. DISTRIBUTION OPTIONS (Book & Dub) TAPE FORMAT - VERSION BetaSP - Syndication Please contact CBS Worldwide Distribution for servicing of this series. The syndication version of The Guns of Will Sonnett has three, 2:02 breaks and a program runtime of 22:16. Internal commercial load is 6 minutes (12 :30-second spots) plus the external end break. Syndication version timing sheets are available. A generic format is available. Generic Format Sequence 1 BREAK 1 2:02 BLACK Sequence 2 BREAK 2 2:02 BLACK Sequence 3 BREAK 3 2:02 BLACK Sequence 4 AVERAGE PROGRAM RUNTIME 22:16 INTERNAL COMMERCIAL 6:06 (12 :30-second spo

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

THE GUNS OF WILL SONNETT​

Series Notes​

Select a season Season: Season Unknown
Number of Episodes Available
Number of Seasons Aired
Years Produced
1967-1969
Network Carried On
ABC

This series is closed-captioned for syndication and is mono only. This series does not currently have Latin American Spanish tracks. This series has not been transferred into HD. DISTRIBUTION OPTIONS (Book & Dub) TAPE FORMAT - VERSION BetaSP - Syndication Please contact CBS Worldwide Distribution for servicing of this series. The syndication version of The Guns of Will Sonnett has three, 2:02 breaks and a program runtime of 22:16. Internal commercial load is 6 minutes (12 :30-second spots) plus the external end break. Syndication version timing sheets are available. A generic format is available. Generic Format Sequence 1 BREAK 1 2:02 BLACK Sequence 2 BREAK 2 2:02 BLACK Sequence 3 BREAK 3 2:02 BLACK Sequence 4 AVERAGE PROGRAM RUNTIME 22:16 INTERNAL COMMERCIAL 6:06 (12 :30-second spo

Hopefully CBS has simply not gotten around to updating their Syndication Bible, which is where I assume you are getting that info, Robert. If not, and CBS is planning on rereleasing what has already been put out, they are nuts. I have a hard time believing they'd pull a stunt like that.

Gary "keeping my fingers crossed for at least uncut episodes - even if they haven't been remastered in HD" O.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Hopefully CBS has simply not gotten around to updating their Syndication Bible, which is where I assume you are getting that info, Robert.
Correct.

Attachments

• Syndication Bible THE GUNS OF WILL SONNETT.pdf
    115.7 KB · Views: 87

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I see this new set has also popped up for pre-order at DeepDiscount.

Same info as MovieZyng. I'm not sure what to think of this. Hope the info changes as the release date gets closer.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
But we're left to doubt that because these bums don't bother to give us any details! If they just roll-out the dreadful, faded and fuzzy edited KingWorld syndication transfers again, I say damn them to hell!
LOL Randall.
If not, and CBS is planning on rereleasing what has already been put out, they are nuts. I have a hard time believing they'd pull a stunt like that.
Maybe they take us all for a bunch of fools?
I see this new set has also popped up for pre-order at DeepDiscount.

Same info as MovieZyng. I'm not sure what to think of this. Hope the info changes as the release date gets closer.

Run time ‏ : ‎ 1098 minutes. My math is poor. Anyone?

Gary if you or anyone else buys this please give us a report. I watched but one episode from that Timeless release from 2013. Holy
icon_e_censored.gif
10 years ago! Couldn't get any further.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Gary if you or anyone else buys this please give us a report.

I can promise you I will NOT be the first one to buy this set if all we have is the current details, especially that running time. Someone else will have to be the guinea pig on this one.

Gary "if the pre-order info changes and we know we are getting complete prints I'll take a chance - for the right price" O.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Gary if you or anyone else buys this please give us a report. I watched but one episode from that Timeless release from 2013. Holy View attachment 185188 10 years ago! Couldn't get any further.

If CBS copies what Timeless did in that apparent abomination of a release of this 60s ABC Western, I wouldn't get it either.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The nutty thing is both "Sonnett" and "Branded" have been good sellers for almost 20 years and have been released numerous times with new case art. Always in print, even with cut episodes.

I have the separate giant box season releases from 2004.
xtim63753d.jpg

s-l640.jpg

In 2004 Timeless even sold separate DVDs with only five episodes.
5.jpg

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I can't see them taking the time to fix this show. Who's the market they are intending to sell it too. Are timeless dvds still in print? If not that's one reason this maybe getting a re release. I hope I'm wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks